The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Aaaron Fisher's Search and Destroy dvd (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This is the first in Aaron's "Personal Training Series".

Aaron teaches the effect "Search and Destroy" and the Nowhere Pass". The dvd is beautifully filmed and the instruction is as if you are in the room with Aaron. He is funny and detailed oriented. He wants you to perform this and to do it well.

Search and Destroy is a sandwich effect. Someone freely selects a card and it's lost in the pack. Two kings ( or any mates, jokers, etc. ) are placed on either end of the face down deck and slowly make their way through the deck, getting closer to each other, until they sandwich the selection.

The person who chose the selection at one point actually helps the magic take place. They do "the passes" for you. It is now magic in their hands, which most agree is the most powerful ( it's why the bunnies smoke most any other magic ).

I've read that folks think this is a throwaway effect, or that it is just OK. I can tell, they haven't performed it. I say that because the effect is killer. The reactions are as good as any of the classic card tricks that we learn.

That's made possible by Arron's expert instruction. He tips the real work on not only the sleights needed ( very simple ), but audience management and performing techniques.

This isn't just for people that get paid top perform that want to up their game. If you're a hobbyist, you need this dvd to learn to improve what you do. The performing techniques you learn will help you with all your magic.

Aaron also teach his work on the bluff pass called "The Nowhere Pass". It is not hard ( unlike a classic pass ). It's easier and more effective than a double undercut or other ways to control cards. Plus, it is so much fun to do.

The lessons learned on this dvd will help you in all of your card magic. Go from performing tricks to magical masterpieces. Card magic is not boring, yet so many magicians go out of their way to make it boring. It's not their fault, card trick books don't teach performing techniques and dvds show magicians getting screams and over the top reactions with what seem like the most basic presentations.

Now find out what they know about creating, what Aaron refers to as " tension, focus and design" in sleight of hand. How to perform surrounded ( scares most people ) in any working condition and while sitting down. Aaron says that the past masters that worked restaurants sat down to perform their magic, making it an intimate occasion. Most folks want to stand and have some distance.

Order this dvd. It's one of the most important dvd's to get if you want to improve what you do as a magician.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
981 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Excellent review. And I second every word of it. I have had this for awhile and forgot about it as life got too busy to watch and learn tricks ... till a couple of nights ago when a magish friend from out of town came over and said "whats new." We watched this together and learned a great weapon to add to the arsenal.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Thanks Barry! I hope everyone invests in this because it will improve what they do. And the effect is not a throwaway. It's killer magic in their hands.

I was 'thinking' of maybe doing a short ambitious routine and then 'explaining' how nit works by doing Search And Destroy. We'll see.

Chris

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I performed Search And Destroy at the Christmas Eve table. THis effect is fantastic for large groups. Depending on who they are, they can supply a great deal of comedy and interaction.

THANK YOU Mr. Fisher!

Chris

Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I bought the download when it first was released.

The trick itself, all on it's own is just a trick. However, what Aaron teaches on the DVD is far more valuable than the trick itself.

Aaron has taken a trick that at one time involved a lot of slieghts and misdirection, and simplified it so that the handling is much more easier. The whole trick can be done in the spectator's hands it's that easy. This leaves you with spending more time interacting with your audience and getting them all involved, making the trick about them, and not so much about you or the trick itself.

The knowledge that Aaron shares on the DVD will take your magic to a whole new level. His funny sense of humor and antedotes will have you laughing.

It's my personal belief that it's not the trick that "kills" it's the knowledge that Aaron shares about presentation that kills!

P.S The card trick Aaron teaches is a very good card trick, and worth learning if you don't know it. I'm not taking away from the trick itself, but if you are just wanting to learn a card trick without any consideration to presentation and entertaining your audience, then this trick will be missing it's most important component.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2010-01-01 18:17, Dan Bernier wrote:

The trick itself, all on it's own is just a trick. However, what Aaron teaches on the DVD is far more valuable than the trick itself.

I second that. It 'seems' like just a sandwich trick, which are great. This is strong card magic. It's more like "Card Magic Theater". No gaffs or stacks.

Listen closely as Aaron explains what this trick is:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11814