The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Nate Kranzo's Visual Voodoo DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ray Eldard
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, AZ
90 Posts

Profile of Ray Eldard
Any word on Nate’s new Visual Voodoo DVD? I know it’s been out for few weeks now, but I haven’t heard anything about it anywhere. I like and trust Chris and MagicSmith so normally I’d just buy it, but I’m admittedly a little gun shy after Nate’s Outside the Box DVD which, despite all the hype, I found pretty disappointing. I’d appreciate hearing from anyone who has purchased or seen the DVD.

Thanks,

Ray
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
It has only been on pre order, not out yet. I just preordered it myself. It is too bad you didn't like Outside the Box....

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
It's pretty good. Chris Smith gave me a copy last week and it has some nice material in it. Nate's Voodoo Card is a nice routine and The Card That Can't Be Palmed is VERY good.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Outside The Box rocks. His International 3 Fly is incredible.

Chris Smith also rocks!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ray Eldard
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, AZ
90 Posts

Profile of Ray Eldard
For the record, my intention wasn’t to knock Nate. I was simply trying to find out what people thought of the new DVD before I put any money out for it, because unlike others, I personally wasn’t impressed by the last one. If you liked it, fine, but it was touted as a fooler that was supposed to make me "feel like a laymen again." It didn’t. Sure there was some nice stuff on the DVD, but overall it didn’t come anywhere close to meeting the hype or to delivering the revolutionary and innovative new magic I’d been led to believe it would.

If you liked the magic on Outside the Box, great, but if you honestly believe the magic on it is truly "outside the box," I respectfully submit you need to seriously consider stepping into a much bigger box. Better yet, take a look at "Any Questions", the Garrett Thomas video released at the same time Nate’s was. Nate’s jumbo coin routine was fine, but Garrett’s fried me. Made me feel like a laymen again – even after I knew what he was doing. And Garret’s work on the ring thing is brilliant. Also, if you liked Nate’s International 3-Fly, that’s great too. There’s certainly enough 3-fly routines going around these days to keep everyone happy, but everyone here in Portland had already seen Reed Mcclintock’s and, again with all due respect, I’d be surprised if even Nate doesn’t think Reed’s is a better routine.

Look, Nate’s clearly a talented guy who seems to be doing just fine without my praise, I just think the DVD didn’t deliver on the promise of its advertising and am simply waiting to hear more before I invest in his latest offering. It’s a simple case of "caveat emptor", nothing more, and I hope Visual Voodoo turns out to be as good as it says it is.

Ray

P.S. Chris Smith most definitely rocks.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
What is the Voodoo Card effect? I vaguely remember reading this in notes by Nate or such but don't recall specifically what the effect is?

Tim
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
I asked Nate what it was when he was a guest here at the Café. He said he didn't want to tell anyone the effect, but he wanted them to see it on the video.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Well then...I'm glad I didn't spill the beans on his Voodoo Card then! Personlly I think it's a cool routine.
bumbleface
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of bumbleface
Are there many gimmicks on this DVD? Smile
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Actually, in my opinion the two best things on it (the new dvd) are Tornado Straw and The Electric Ghost.. Both are incredibly visual.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Mine will be here in a few days and I'll review it.

jhostler
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of jhostler
Ray -

Regarding your last post: I'm wondering why you apologized. There was nothing wrong with your original verbiage.

John
Ray Eldard
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, AZ
90 Posts

Profile of Ray Eldard
John,

I don't think there is anything wrong with my original post either, but a friend read it and said he thought some people might take it as a personal shot at Nate. It wasn't, it was merely an inquiry as to the quality of the new DVD. The second post was simply meant as a clarification, not an apology.

Ray
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
Hi Ray
I just received my DVD today. If you didn’t like His first one I understand. I agree it did fall short of the hype that was written about it.

I would definitely recommend this one.
Everything is extremely powerful and visual. It is all based on simplicity which is the stuff that really fools people. Melting coins was not remotely complex but hey we are magicians. I can see how a group would love this.
Therdnase was very fun to watch, it leaves an impact on the spectators. Actually it visually annihilated them.
The card that can’t be palmed was straight eye candy, easily my most favorite piece.
Mugger was the most straightforward wild coin I have ever seen, pretty well
Hotshot pocket was very strong and visual. This will get gasps from an audience
Holy pocket was again direct and visually fun. It is the perfect walk around piece.
Tornado straw fooled me really good. I think guys will use this in that casual setting with friends.
Nates Voodoo card is KILLER. I hope I am the only one that got the DVD with this trick on it. It is killer if you work this trick is a must use, it is great. It is not a fooler for magicians but a stone cold devastator for an audience. There were some other little surprises also on the DVD. I personally enjoyed it; I don’t think you would remotely be disappointed. There is not anything remotely tough on the DVD. Any beginner to the most advanced can do this material and have a great time with this material.
Great job to Nate Kranzo and MagicSmith. Ray, I hope this will help in your buying decision
cheers
Reed Smile Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

magic hands
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
176 Posts

Profile of magic hands
Great review Reed and may I say a big fan of yours also..
Don Smile
Ray Eldard
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, AZ
90 Posts

Profile of Ray Eldard
Reed,

Thanks for the excellent feedback. I'll definitely give Nate a second look.

Ray
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
865 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I also wasn't that impressed with Nate's 1st DVD -- Outside the Box. But this one does sound interesting. I am however curious as to what the effect is on the Voodoo Card routine. I'm also interested to know why he would call this a bonus routine when it sounds as if the DVD was named after it. Anyone know?
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Nate's Voodoo Card is basically Sankey's handling but he uses a business card rather then a 6 x 6 note card like Sankey does. Using your business card makes so much sense! I'm quite surpriesd Sankey didn't do it that way in the first place. I've been dying to try this out on someone.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Pretty cool review from Reed considering he and Nate have been at odd's at times. Reed is THE BOSS!!!

I liked this DVD also. Very nice teaching style. Some gaspers on this one. Voodoo card is spooky and will have them scratching their heads.

kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
You have convinced me, I will buy it Smile

Thanks for the review Reed.

Kuffs