The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Rand Woodbury Videos.? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
I just bought vol. 1-4 on E-Bay. In the middle of vol. 2 & 3 there is a glitch and the says Hi-Fi. Does this mean it is a copy or was the origional like this?
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
I had seen the four vol by randy woodbury, but never came across Hi-Fi. Perharps you should tell us more specify.....Therefore we can pin point the problem.

Symmatrix Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
Sounds like a copy to me. Does the screen blank out to a blue or black screen, or do words just come up over the image?

--Jack Smile
alexkrey
View Profile
Elite user
RUSSIA
411 Posts

Profile of alexkrey
These are copies! Smile
Alex Krey
---------------------------
http://www.alexkrey.com
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
What do I do if they are copies? The person I bought them from said he got them from a magic store that closed down in Las Vegas. Maybe that's why the shop closed.

This is scary...I just bought Paul Osborne's Evolution and Revolution of magic box. I hope it's not a zeroxed copy stapled. Smile Smile
Supriemer
View Profile
New user
South Bend, IN
50 Posts

Profile of Supriemer
I had a similar experience recently on ebay. I thought it was maybe just me. My video's say they were bought from murphey's magic shop, but they DO have the skip on the tape. Smile
"Kristopher Supriemer"

"Good things come to those who wait...but only what's left by those who hustle."
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
That sucks!

Rand is going to release new tapes in the near future. So if you wanted to you could wait until the new videos come out. Or some magic dealers still carry them.

I fell your pain,
Mike
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
It is possible that the tapes were produced by Rand on his own home a/v equipment. I believe he was producing (dubbing) the tapes himself to keep costs down. Which would explain the existence of the glitch you encountered on a genuine tape.
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Quote:
On 2003-05-27 17:58, mike_york wrote:
That sucks!

Rand is going to release new tapes in the near future. So if you wanted to you could wait until the new videos come out. Or some magic dealers still carry them.

I fell your pain,
Mike

Thanks for the info about Randy upcoming video..

If you don't mind can u tell us more ...what is he coming up in his new video...

I believe the members of The Magic Café will be appreciated..

Thanks

Symmatrix

Symmatrix Magic
alexkrey
View Profile
Elite user
RUSSIA
411 Posts

Profile of alexkrey
I want to inform you, that in shop http://www.tannens.com sell copies of books IllusionSystem P.Osborne.
My two friends from Turkey have ordered the book 3 and 4.
To them have sent a copy of these books. I have originals and I can distinguish copies from originals. Very much it is not pleasant! Smile
Alex Krey
Supriemer
View Profile
New user
South Bend, IN
50 Posts

Profile of Supriemer
Quote:
On 2003-05-27 22:47, David Garrity wrote:
It is possible that the tapes were produced by Rand on his own home a/v equipment. I believe he was producing (dubbing) the tapes himself to keep costs down. Which would explain the existence of the glitch you encountered on a genuine tape.

I thought that might be the reason too, since it is obvious they were not professionally made (although they are really good!). Smile
"Kristopher Supriemer"

"Good things come to those who wait...but only what's left by those who hustle."
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Quote:
On 2003-05-28 19:49, Supriemer wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-05-27 22:47, David Garrity wrote:

I thought that might be the reason too, since it is obvious they were not professionally made (although they are really good!). Smile

Yup, I do agree with Supriemer. The flimming might be not done professionally but the content of it is wicked man Smile

So any one can update us on Randy new videos?

Symmatrix

Symmatrix Magic
alexkrey
View Profile
Elite user
RUSSIA
411 Posts

Profile of alexkrey
As it is not insulting but it is valid so. Smile
Alex Krey
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Hi,

I thought that 1, 2, and 3 were outstanding. Okay the quality is not perfect but the content is great. I was very dissapointed with 4 though. Any opinions of 4 or am I missing something?
schmitty65
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of schmitty65
Yeah, I got those videos also on Ebay. In video 1, 'Steps and Bases', Rand does not tell you the measurements for the center hole, cut out of the table top. Is that supposed to be like that or not? If anybody knows those measurements, could somebody tell me?

Thank you.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Hi Scmitty,

I think the general idea is just to show you HOW to consruct a base.

As each one should be custom made.

If you want general sizes for dancers etc there are some sizings in one of Rand's books......
schmitty65
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of schmitty65
Do you know what book it is,thanx.
Supriemer
View Profile
New user
South Bend, IN
50 Posts

Profile of Supriemer
schmitty65,

I'm not sure which book you are looking for, but Rand has Illusionworks books (1-3) which are out of print, but you can still sometimes find them. He also has a book called Diversions. Smile

Maybe gambituk1 will respond with which book he was referring to.
"Kristopher Supriemer"

m.ruetz
View Profile
Veteran user
Peoria Arizona, USA
378 Posts

Profile of m.ruetz
In Illusionworks 3 (the book) he has a section called "Positions and Conditions" in which he gives ballpark measurements for the human form in various positions. Seems handy for ballparking your cardboard mock-up. I think I have an extra copy of this book somewhere.
MagicGizmo: Magic Articles, Classifieds, Videos, and more
http://magicgizmo.com
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Rand also have a book called The Base Book which I think is great. It gives you a better understanding on the design of bases.