The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Review Wanted: Balloon Detective by Devin Knight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Has anyone got this yet? What do you think?

Thanks.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Well I finally bought this item...

I am not good at reviews I will be short and two the point. You have 4 balloon cards. The balloons are all one balloon beyond basic stuff.. You discover what color and balloon the child wants... I think is a great concept and could be a good effect with only 3 problems.

1. I think for younger kids this is WAY WAY over there heads.(Which is about 50 percent of the people asking for balloons) In fact after all the moving the cards back and forth and asking the little balloon child questions he or she doesn't even realize he never told you what balloon he wanted and that you actually figured out what he wanted. However, it does keep mom and dad amused as junior gets a small little balloon.

2. The one balloon animals are so basic if you did them it would put you in the dark ages and I don't think would impress mom and dad if you made them. (the one giving you the tips and or paycheck) It may also get you less business as people ask "Oh who made that for your child." Also the older children would probably not think anything was of interest and say "No thanks." But BUT.. I think the mentalist effect may impress mom and dad as they would think it was neat.

3. As the trick stands, you can only guess 4 colors of there balloon animals. (Red, Yellow, Green & Blue) None of the,m are girl colors (pink, purple.. etc.)

A few possible solutions but will cost time, money and may not allow you to do the effect the same way.

1. You could modify the professional cards with multi-balloons figures. However, if you are not a very good artist you would probably have to hire some to draw up your multi balloon figures costing you time and more money to make the cards look professional... Or you can just try and slap together a cheap unprofessional version by yourself.

2. If you make these multi balloon characters on the cards the same way the original is made you will not be able to guess the balloons color because most multi balloon characters are more than one color.

Conclusion, I think its a neat concept and does give a chance for magicians to merge balloons to there work and balloon artist to incorperate magic in theres... Would love to see more ideas like this sold.. Maybe this is just the first of many?

So far mine is just sitting in the draw collecting dust not being used until I decide to spend more money hiring an artist to make the same professional style cards and more time making new balloon cards... Oh Well.. neat idea..