The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Most useful TA effects for "Table Hopping" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1907 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I was wondering if anyone had their favorites for table hopping. I know some are not conducive to it. Card Warp and Ripped and Fryed are not quickly resettable, while Belly Button would be below the table line and Dunn's Deal takes up too much real estate.
Maybe some of them can be modified to work better for the situation.

So far I find Dr. Fun, Invisible Palm and Extraordinary Proof being well suited.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1951 Posts

Profile of ted french
There's a table hopping version of Dunn's Deal that ends perfect I will try to post a demo
P3
practice practice perform.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1907 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Actually I misspoke. Dr. Fun is not instantly resettable though it takes very little time.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
denver
View Profile
New user
Jefferson, GA
66 Posts

Profile of denver
I can't wait to make up a handfull of water trap setups and table hop with those.
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
Naked strange, angel case, tubular, SOS, SS2, backlash 2, lubors lens,and lvl$ just to name a few....
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
I have been table-hopping since 1974 and find the classics as good as the latest new gadget. It's all in the presentation. As for reset able effects I like Linking Rings (I developed a rinds holder that clips onto my belt), Cut And Restored Rope and Ring And Rope Routine (Done as one routine), Coins Across (In the spectators hands), A Colorful Discovery (My variation of Red Hot Mamas which can be done with a borrowed deck and yes any deck. Out of my book "Card A-Tack"), and Shuffling Down A Different Sidewalk (My variation of Martin Lewis "Sidewalk Shuffle". The cards are examinable at the end of the routine. I came up with Shuffling Down A Different Sidewalk in late 1974 after buying "Sidewalk Shuffle" from Hank Moorehouse at his magic shop in early 1974. It's a killer!)

I have many other effects in my arsenal but the above mentioned ones are my favorites.

Take care and take cards
Antony Gerard
Michigan Magic Day 2009
http://www.MichiganMagicDay2009.com
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Good post, Antony. I think, however, that Slyhand was asking about effects from the new Paul Harris TA DVDs.
:bwink:
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Twilight angels is really a great table hopping trick that has a great souvenir at the end. The only trouble is that each table would have the same card.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
The linking cards taught on one of the easter eggs is excellent for strolling. Gerard's Card Warp, the black jack switching effect is excellent, Dunn's Deal, Smoking I, that's just to name a few.
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
I've performed Twilight Angels for a long time (since they were first printed) and I actually had return customers for this one effect. Now what do you do? It's the same card (2H) - I went ahead and did it, but I was uncomfortable knowing they may compare the cards later. If it was the same person, I wouldn't do it, but "my sister said you did some kind of trick with the backs of the cards, that I had to see" kind of thing, then I did it.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1907 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Quote:
On 2009-02-27 19:14, kissdadookie wrote:
The linking cards taught on one of the easter eggs is excellent for strolling. Gerard's Card Warp, the black jack switching effect is excellent, Dunn's Deal, Smoking I, that's just to name a few.

Although they are all great effects Dunn's Deal seems to want to take up the whole table and Card Warp is not instantly resettable.
Tubular is good but does anyone seem to have the problem of people just not carrying cash on them anymore?

Alec
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I actually have a card warp deck Smile
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1907 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Cool, where can I pick up one of those babies? Smile

Alec
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
LoL, I hope that was a joke. If not, then let me be clearer on my comment. I have a deck set up for Card Warp, basically this deck comes into play when I perform card warp. Here's the sequence of how the cards are arranged: prepped, not prepped, prepped, not prepped, etc.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1907 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Yes it was a joke, hence the winky guy.
I assume it is the only card effect you do for that particular group. Unless you do a deck switch.

Alec
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Deck switch Smile Not even a complicated one, just the standard two hands go in, one hand comes out, slight discrepancy switch. I'm sure you understand what I'm talking about here. Card Warp (regardless of the version your performing) is quite suitable for table hopping as you can clearly see.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1907 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Ok, gotcha. I will have to play with that one some more. Thanks.

Alec
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
There's also another version of Card Warp out there that leaves the spectator with this relatively crazy looking stapled together sculpture of sorts, it may be Wesley James', not quite sure.

There's a new one handed no cover Card Warp that's out. Have you seen that one as well? Looks flashy but not really magical. This is where I can safely say that the use of a cover card actually adds to the effect.
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I know Tom Frame has a warped card effect with the impossible sculpture type ending at the end...Its called the HyperCard Project.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1229 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I actually think Stapled Warp does work well for walkaround.

Last Saturday night I did strolling for a Catholic Charity Mardi Gras fundraiser. Some were at tables and some were standing. Before the event I had set up six cards for stapled warp and put them in an inner jacket pocket. The first two cards went in my outer left jacket pocket.

I did an Ambitious Card routine and casually dropped the deck into my left coat pocket. I then did another effect and as an afterthought, pulled out the gimmick for the Paul Harris Vanishing Deck. I did that routine and showed the deck was back in my pocket and pulled the deck out with the two cards added on the bottom. As I walked away, I reached in my pocket, pulled out two more cards for stapled warp, dropped them in my outer pocket and was ready to go again.

The mini stapler was in my right outer jacket pocket and took up absolutely no pocket space whatsoever.