The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Reel Magic Magazine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I know a lot of you guys get Reel Magic but I'm curious about those who don't, WHY?....maybe there is something we can do to make it better...

let me know
Koz
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I blame it on Genii and Magic magazine since I already regular read both of them and that's about $12 right there. Don't get me wrong, I've watched a couple of volumes of Reel Magic already and do enjoy them, but it's kind of like reading the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, that's already more than enough news every month.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
You get a different feeling when watching Reel Magic compared to reading Genii/Magic. I am a subscriber to Genii and love it, but I am also a subscriber to Reel Magic. I think it offers something different; being able to watch the tricks and explanations, being able to watch the reviews, and being able to be with the top pros in a true 1on1 session.

A good idea might be to add some more columns. General news would be great, kind of like Kaufman Speaks I think it's called. The Guy Hollingworth column has always been a favorite of mine. They should add more traditional magazine like columns. But the columnists in Reel Magic... David Regal, Garret Thomas, Jon Armstrong... they are great!
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I think it would be difficult to get many guys on film every month. In the magazines they just have to e-mail in a column.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Dang it Ted you are right. Reel Magic is extremely well done and a magic magazine done in the most modern manner (I tried getting subscribers for Santa's Telepathic Magazine but no one bit). I've seen most of the issues and all are excellent and I think the reason I didn't subscribe was I didn't believe anyone could keep up the quality and you've proven you can and will continue to do so. I shall go to your site and check it out... uh, what is your site address?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
http://www.reelmagicmagazine.com

quality were just getting started
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
You can't beat the interviews (David Williamson, Mac King, Dean Dill, Johnny Thompson, etc.), the hilarious trick reviews by David Regal, and Simon Lovell's fabulous "Rants". Not sure how you can improve it. As I've said before, I think it's one of the best values in magic.

Robert