The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: One Eyed Jacks (new dvd) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
a square can
View Profile
New user
Oregon
12 Posts

Profile of a square can
Hey everyone, I just got a sneak peak at Corey Burke's new DVD "One Eyed Jacks". It is insane! Corey is a great magician with a lot of talent; this dvd shows it. He has combined great magic with a lot of humor. All I can say is that it is insane. Keep an "eye" out for it. It should be out in the middle of May. Make sure to check it out.

Keith
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I just saw Corey the other day, I had no idea that he was doing a video. Where can I find more info on it?
a square can
View Profile
New user
Oregon
12 Posts

Profile of a square can
Well, I think the only place you are going to find out much about it is from Corey.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
This dvd is insane!!! Get ready for some killer card stuff. Corey also gave me a sneak peak at his dvd last week. I can tell you that you won't be disappointed.
I can't wait to get my hands on the finished product. Be on the look out!

"Corey Burke is the name... One Eyed Jacks' the game..."

Brian Proctor Smile
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Hello there,

Thanks guys for the nice words!

If anyone would like a bit more info on this, please feel free to PM me. I will be offering a special to anyone who purchases this item from me; and mentions the Magic Café. More on that a little later.

Have a great day!

Corey
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
It's funny... but the last DVD I bought was "One Eyed Jacks"!!!... No, not the magic one; but the 1961 movie of the same name!!!!!! It was directed by and stars Marlon Brando, and is one of my all time favorite Westerns!!

Just funny to see the same title for a magic DVD... but sounds like I just might buy THAT one also!!!
Michael T
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Michael T
Does this DVD have a lot of material about the Le Paul effect? Or does it have nothing to do with the Le Paul effect?
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Hello,

This DVD has 7 effects in total. There are a few sandwich effects, a KILLER cards to pocket, and a few transformation effects. It comes with the gimmicks and will be very reasonable in price. Again, please PM me if you have any questions.

Corey

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let everyone know that it will be about a month until release! I am going to be offering a special to those who get it over this site (if you order from me that is.)

Thanks,

Corey
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
Corey, can we download any preview of your DVD? And, which dealer will be publishing your DVD?

Thanks for the time!

Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Riceboi
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Riceboi
Yeah I want to see a preview if possible...

Thanks
Callin
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
123 Posts

Profile of Callin
You can check out a preview at Callins Magic

Thanks,
Richard
Callin's House of Magic
The Pacific Northwest's Largest and Oldest Magic Shop. Established 1953.
Visit us at www.callinsmagic.com
Ask me about the New Jerry Andrus Movie
"A Thing of Wonder" is Available Now!
Musashi
View Profile
Regular user
Oregon
132 Posts

Profile of Musashi
I got this DVD the other day!

It rocks!

It has something for begginers as well as pros!

Corey's handling of a great gaff, and great thinking provides for some great effects.

Thanks Corey!

Josh
"Care for a Jelly Baby?"
zoneinfinite
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zoneinfinite
I think this DVD has plenty of material I will actually use. I love all kinds of sandwich and transposition effects!
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Hello everyone,

Just a few words. I forgot to mention that if you want to purchase this directly from me I do accept Paypal. If you want the free set of notes you HAVE to mention the Café that way I know to send them with the DVD. THanks again and here is another link to the trailer:

http://home.attbi.com/~zip-files/OEJ_Trailer40.wmv

Have a great day!

Corey

Hello guys,

Only one week left on my special deal! If you purchase my DVD you get a FREE set of notes. You have to act quick, these things are flying out the door. If you are interested email me at:

corey_burke@yahoo.com

Corey
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
Does anybody have this dvd yet? I haven't read any reviews on this. Can someone please post one if they have it.
Thanx.
ewokforhire
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of ewokforhire
Is there any other site with a preview, the other two seem to be down.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Hey, I woke up this morning and came across a very good review from Online-Visions. They gave 8 out of 10. Pretty good. Check it out for yourself.
http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0404oneeye.html
Brian Smile Smile Smile
ewokforhire
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of ewokforhire
Thanks for the link, i ordered this today.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5942 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
There are good and not so good points that need to be addressed about One Eyed Jacks.

The first point is outstanding in that the magic is very visual. The kind of visual which will leave your lay audience grabbing for the cards. Not a good thing because they could be grabbing gaffs. Magician audiences will go "Huh..." Smile ... or "Dang!" Smile

The explanations are clear and do not suffer from the "one camera" work used to film this. For that I am very pleased. In the world of DVDs this is a pretty darn good production.

I do have one gripe in that one is led to believe there are seven effects. There are four... and three variations. That left me feeling a little deceived. Especially because the effects are named by their initials only, on the back of the case. If the full names were printed the reality would be more apparent.

I predict this will find a happy market in the hobbyist field of magic. It is fun visual stuff that can knock your magic buddies for a loop. For a lay audience there are too many discrepancies in some of the sandwich routines. Sooner or later you are going to get burned and I just won't take those chances. I do think there is a way to clear some of that up with better framing of the moments, but I have not stumbled on it yet.

I really like Jackrobats and have already added something which gets rid of the Equivoque and makes the routine repeatable for walkaround if someone happens to see it three or four times in a night.

Ah, the walk around question. Given that this is gaff work and some set up is required, most of the material is impractical for strolling in its present form. That said I have a hunch some guys are going to take the possibilities of One Eyed Jacks to heart and fix those issues. When they do, watch out!!!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

If you want to get one over on the local magic guys, get this. It gives you access to routines which up until now were only possible with great sleight of hand.

If you think you are getting several strolling routines straight out of the package, you may be disappointed.

If you think it might be fun to spend a weekend cleaning up some loose ends to fit your performing style, this is the project for you!!

I like Jackrobats and aspects of Jack Be Quick are very intriguing.

Cheers,

Tom
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Hello everyone,

Here is a link to the video clips, for those of you who wanted to see what was on the DVD:

http://murphysmagicsupplies.com/index2.html

Thank you,

Corey