The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Eric Jones Mirage Trailer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
The trailer for Eric Jones new DVD is now up at

http://www.kozmomagic.com

enjoy!
resshin
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of resshin
One word: sexy.
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
I saw this routine performed by Eric Jones in person and it's tremendous! Very visual and magical in his hands!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Sweet! Eric is a gifted fellow and it's great to see him releasing material.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2441 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
That is Brilliant

Congratulations Eric, your material is second to none

Kozmo and Eric Jones - What a KILLER COMBO

Craig
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Great to see that Kozmo has picked up Eric as an artist of note. Eric's magic is great and he is such a talent and a pleasure to watch.

I have a few questions which perhaps Eric will answer.

How does the first phase differ from "Oxy Clean Coin Routine" from Fingertips Part One (lecture notes).

Will one need the same gaffs that are nescessary for this routine?

Is the "three fly" sequence the same as the one on the (now hard to find?) La Famiglia DVD or is it different. Please explain.

Is the "KKK" sequence similar to the ending of "Oxy-Clean"?

The Trailer is impressive...AND...Eric, if for some unknown reason you ever drop out of magic you could always make it as a "spokesman" or personality (perhaps for a show like "Unsolved Mysteries" (but Robert Stack is still alive and.../ OR--- you are welcome to deliver the Eulogy at my funeral (but I hope that dosent happen for a long long time Smile

In any case the trailer is a bit mysterious (which is O.K.) AND (I will be buying it anyway!) BUT I am interested in any additional info you could provide us...

Eric Rules!-

Mark M. Walsh
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Mark,

thanks for all the questions. I hope I don't leave anything out.

"How does the first phase differ from "Oxy Clean Coin Routine" from Fingertips Part One (lecture notes). "

Out with Three is a completely different animal than the three coin production explained as the production in Oxy Clean. The production of each coin is just as magical as with Oxy Clean with the exception that NO GAFFS of any kind are used. Just three regular coins and a bit of sleight of hand.

"Will one need the same gaffs that are nescessary for this routine? "

You can leave all your gaffs at home. All you'll need are 4 coins that are the same, quarters, halves, dollars, english pennies etc. will all work.

"Is the "three fly" sequence the same as the one on the (now hard to find?) La Famiglia DVD or is it different. Please explain."

The Visible Coins Across, not quite three fly, described as the second phase of Mirage Et Trois, is extremely similar to the version on Vinny Marini's La Famiglia DVD. There are several fundamental differences between variations aside from the structure of the routine itself. As some of you may remember, Vinny's DVD was a grab bag of magic from magicians from all over the world. Unfortunately, this also meant that each of us had to provide a separate video, which meant different qualities of footage. Suffice to say that I wasn't dressed for the occasion, the sound and video quality weren't the best, and I gave a less than stellar performance. Again, the handling is much more refined after years of work and as you will see, the production value has been increased tremendously in this latest offering.

"Is the "KKK" sequence similar to the ending of 'Oxy-Clean'?"

Again, the ending sequence of Oxy Clean is gaffed. The vanish sequence of Mirage Et Trois doesn't employ the use of gaffs or gimmicks, just 3 coins that are simiilar to one another and some nerve.

"In any case the trailer is a bit mysterious (which is O.K.) AND (I will be buying it anyway!) BUT I am interested in any additional info you could provide us... "

Nowadays, we can sit back and with the click of a button have a world of magic liberally displayed on our monitors. The demand for trailers to sell product is constantly growing. The temptation to rewatch a trailer to figure out where you may have been fooled causes the need to be strategic in the sense that you want to give enough away to generate interest, but not enough to give the whole effect away. Because my routine doesn't rely on gimmicks to achieve the impossible, watching an entire performance would allow the onlooker to rewind the video until every nuance could be studied without making any commitment to purchase. Not fair to my producer, to my distributor or to those who believed in my work enough to purchase through legal channels.

So I apologize that the trailer looks a little mysterious. But please understand that Kozmo and his crew have done an excllent job of making a product that I'm very pleased with, and I'm proud of these routines that I've performed countless times for laymen and magicians alike. I just don't want to give them away for nothing. I hope you can understand.

Concerning what you'll actually recieve on this disc:

You'll recieve a DVD that has three routines that flow one into the next, into a complete yet modular coin act of sorts. I've performed these routines in my professional repertiore for a number of years both combined and individually, and they always get the desired results.

You will get two performances of each routine. first you'll see a restuarant performance of the entire act. Then as each segment is explained separately, you'll get a studio performance that will compliment the explanation. Each effect is explained with intricate detail, from multiple camera angles, complete with credits DURING the explanations AND at the conclusion of the DVD.

I look forward to hearing your views of the material once you've picked up a copy, and invite anyone who may have questions to e-mail me or drop a PM my way!!!

For those who haven't seen the trailer yet, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaL0le-mT6s

Eric Jones
Prestidigitator
http://www.E-mmaculatedeceptions.com
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
I'm not feeling the "sexy" . . .

Perhaps "stylishly provacative" Smile

Naw, just kidding. Congratulations, Eric. Looking forward to seeing your DVD.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
All eric jones dvd's are now shipping!

koz
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Sorry for the off topic question but didn't Eric have a card manipulation DVD out a while back? I've looked all over but can't seem to find it. Not sure if it's out of print or if I'm imagining things.

Thanks,
Mike
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2008-12-11 15:20, rockwall wrote:
Sorry for the off topic question but didn't Eric have a card manipulation DVD out a while back? I've looked all over but can't seem to find it. Not sure if it's out of print or if I'm imagining things.

Thanks,
Mike

No sir. I've never delved into card manipulation beyond Jeff McBride, Cyril Harvey and Peter Marvey's teachings.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
My mistake. Thanks for clearing that up. Must have been a hallucination! Smile
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
THis looks awesome. Just ordered.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Holy cow! When Eric performs this it looks like trick photography. I personally believe that phrase is over used in Magic, and I VERY rarely ever say that term, but even when teaching in slow, this looks like it is actually happening. Eric really is the man! Great effect and beautifully handled. Well worth learning
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I was sure there was a shell, but there isn't. The full routine is beautiful, but it's modular, so you can stop at anytime.

Eric performs it in restaurant for a table of folks. It's funny, baffling and looks like real magic.

There are clear explanations and even shots filmed from behind for clarity.

Eric uses half dollars. I'm learning it with the Kohler/Wayne Vegas coins ( sans the shell ).

GET THIS DVD!

mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
It is not done with a shell? I really have to get it to find out. I have heard of Eric Jones for quite sometime, a very nice gentleman.

This is on my list already, hope it can arrive before christmas.

Bob
Best Regards,

Bob
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
This uses no gaffs.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-12-21 11:43, magicman4646 wrote:
This uses no gaffs.

Eric said above "You can leave all your gaffs at home".

jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Quote:
On 2008-12-21 11:53, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-12-21 11:43, magicman4646 wrote:
This uses no gaffs.

Eric said above "You can leave all your gaffs at home".

And then mrmuji asked again... so I answered.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-12-21 12:30, magicman4646 wrote:

And then mrmuji asked again... so I answered.

I meant to post it with mrmuji's question. Sorry about that.