The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Finally Released Bob Solari DVD :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1541 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I preordered this and the wait was well worth it. The quality of the DVD is outstanding and the effects are well thought out with great detail and explanation. Bob is fantastic on the DVD and every trick is broken down and explained in detail. This is one of the best teaching DVD's I have purchased. I was fortunate to meet Bob a few years ago when he was a dealer at a magic convention I attended and he has a great personality and it shows on the DVD. You get over 20 effects on this DVD unlike some DVD's that teach one effect and you will be able to put these to use immediately. For the price you actually can have a whole magic show. What more could you ask for? You will not be disappointed. This is magic you WILL USE! You can see it here http://www.gmrcreations.com/bob/live.htm
Steve
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
I just recently received my "Live In Your Living Room" 2-DVD set and I completely agree with Steve. Bob does a super job on them and I especially enjoyed the performance section of the discs as I've only seen him demo his tricks online versus being with formal spectators. He's funny and definitely "classic Bob". Smile The DVDs are well shot and in case anyone is interested, the total running times were: Disc 1 - 1hr. 53min, Disc 2 - 1hr. 42min. The only thing that could have been better was the sound...it was a bit soft during the performance and explanation sections.

Being a big Solari fan myself and owning almost all of his effects, it was still great to be able to watch Bob Solari himself teach how to construct his clever tricks and perform them. It was also a special treat to learn a handful of effects that I personally had never come across before. They were:

- Match It (disc 1)
- Gift Box Prediction (disc 1)
- Visible Half Through Table (disc 2)
- Clip It (disc 2)

Finally, Solari's Breather Card (one of the bonus items that was explained) was something I was looking forward to watching. He explained how to make these great utility cards and now I know. Smile

Overall, I love this set and I hope he decides to make more DVDs in the future!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Where the magic begins