The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: REVIEW REQUEST: Decade by Mark Mason (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
277 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
JB Magic'ss release date is next week in the UK. I beleive that some of you from the other side of the pond have got your hands on the DVD during Marks lecture tour. If anyone does have this DVD Please post a review, even if it is just a brief one! thanks !
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
From Mark Mason:

"it is called decade because its 10 years since I filmed real world. It is a double dvd set $40, covering cards, coins, my floating ring, my spongeball routine, 16 routines and effects in total.

All new material, also includes all the work on glance, blindside, top secret and dribble.

I took the 1st 50 to the IBM/SAM last week and sold them all in 2 days, already had great feed back.

It will be available from either of my sites http://www.jbtvusa.com or http://www.jbtv.co.uk".
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5474 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Anything mark mason does is fantastic...hes the BEST....

koz
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2008-07-30 09:45, tedb wrote:
Anything mark mason does is fantastic...hes the BEST....

koz

I second that. And I know that Richard Kaufman would agree too.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I've just ordered it from Mark.

I will post my thoughts accordingly.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Mark's first videos ( now on DVD ) were incredible. Real worker material. It's been 10 years since then, so IO think we're in for a real treat.

And, I love his performing style and humor.

Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I received the DVD today (next day delivery!) and have watched it through from beginning to end.

Not as good as Real World Magic but still some useful routines.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Andi, can you post the contents?

Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I have THREE favourite tricks from the set. They are absolute stunners. I'm not going to say which as I believe people should watch the DVDs and make their minds up. Ok, Ok, I'll let one go. It's the spellbound routine, there's a move that will leave your spectators speechless.

From the JBTV website...

Volume One features

Foot & Mouth - Marks opening effect in the real world.

Dribble - You will be dribbling when you see Dribble.

Floating Finger Ring - Looks like real magic, any borrowed ring floats from the palm of your hand.

Glance - Marks favourite think of a card.

Flying Low - A cheeky ambitious card routine.

Put & Take Transpo - Any 2 signed cards change places, no duplicates, no stooges.

Pop out Transposition - Simple, direct routine that ends with Marks pop out move.

Interview One

Volume Two features

Silk & Sleeve - A commercial sponge ball routine for tables.

Spellbound - Marks handling of this classic of magic.

2 Coin Transfer - A utility coin move that is so clean, it will have you blinking.

Costs Nothing - 2 coins appear and vanish in any silk or napkin.

Blindside - Never tipped before, a 5 star card steal.

Top Secret - Marks for over 15 years, now its yours. A stand up card control.

Stealy Good - The most asked about move Mark Performs, taught to you in every detail.

Undercover - You will swear the card is in the centre of the deck, but don’t bet on it.

False 5 - A five packet flashy, full deck false cut.

Interview Two
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Two DVD's contain contain 3 "stunners"? See, that's makes them worth the price of the set for you!

Fitty
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Fitty
I got this yesterday and only had chance to have a quick look through.Its excellent.The humour will probably not suit everyone and the tricks are not the kind you are going to do in ten minuits.I think there are at least 4 or 5 tricks I would definitly do. I have actually seen Mark do some of these tricks at restaurants and Functions and they really do go down well. Its the best DVD Ive bought this year
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Some of the gags are the same as on his original set, therefore they're at least 10 years old. e.g. I used to be dyslexic, but I'm ko now! Guffaw.
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
I have been using "Dribble" for a few years and have been doing "Glance" for about a year. They can, occasionally, go wrong and you need to have to have the ability to get "out" if they don't work but when they do they are absolute killer. Glance is so naughty that somemay overlook it but trust me- try it, it will make your day!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I worked a theater gig for a week and Kenny Rogers ( The Gambler, etc. ) was the headliner. He was very funny onstage.

Well...for 4 nights, his "patter" never changed. He followed a script. And it was polished and worked.

Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2008-08-01 08:59, Fitty wrote:
The humour will probably not suit everyone

Especially the bit where Mark repeatedly hits the female spectators arm and then laughs about leaving bruises. I think it's hilarious! Then again that's northern British humour at its best which I doubt other people would understand. To some it could be seen as spectator abuse, to northerners it's just how we treat the girls!
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Lol
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
The more I watch these DVDs, the more I like them. They are heading to be my best purchase of 2008. Every time I watch them I pick up something new.

Two disks full of fantastic magic for only £25.

L&L would have probably have released these as a 3 volume set and charged £75 I'm sure!

As it stands these are the best value in magic currently.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Mark mason does very nice routines.
I like his stuff and this dvd is really a to buy item
well done
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
961 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Got this from mark many years ago,Some great routines from marks repetoire,good advice.Would greatly recommend.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.