The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Slow Burn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Well, just finished watching The Slow Burn DVD by Richard Sanders. I bought earlier and just got around to watching it....

All I can say is....

Smile

WOW! I'll be using this one for sure...One of the best tricks I've seen come around in along time.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Paris
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
110 Posts

Profile of Paris
Peter I agree with you. I purchased it around 2 weeks ago. Have been doing it daily. The transformation is really magical. I think it's great.

By the way mailed off a check to you today, Can't wait to get the booklet for the elevator.......
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Yeah...the color change looks like real magic. Greg Wilson's "Hundy 500" is basically the same trick, but the transformation is different and he goes into a lot of finesse. You may find this interesting as well.
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Well, the debate as to which is better really depends on the individual. If you're focusing on visual impact, I would choose Slow Burn.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3635 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I like how detailed the DVD is on Slow Burn. Actually makes the gimmick in real time. All "how-to" videos should be like this!
kull_spider
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
115 Posts

Profile of kull_spider
So should I get Slow Burn or Hundy?
Which is the cleaner of the two?
Can the bills be handed out for inspection?
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3635 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have Slow Burn, and no, the bills can't be handed out for inspection.
Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
Slow Burn and Hundy 500 are pretty much the same, except for the handling. Yes, maybe as many as two of the bills can be handed out for inspection, but certainly not all of them.
Chris Boyd
"Jaws dropping is the sweetest sound..."
Psychosis
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Psychosis
Greg goes into detail on the psychology and finesse of Hundy 500. He does show some real-world examples of handing out the bills. Great real-world stuff.

Sanders goes into greater detail than Wilson on the construction of the gimmick.
Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
Quote:
On 2003-04-04 11:29, Psychosis wrote:
Sanders goes into greater detail than Wilson of the construction of the gimmick.

And how...his construction of the gimmick must take up half of the footage on the DVD. I kind of wish I had purchased Hundy 500 instead, since I know through trial and error that Greg Wilson's stuff is going to go over the top.
Chris Boyd
Paris
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
110 Posts

Profile of Paris
With slow burn, you could have 3 of the four bills examined. No one questions the authenticity of the bills.
Rich Fredeking
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, Florida
147 Posts

Profile of Rich Fredeking
I have "Slow Burn" and "hundy 500" and I will do a different one depending on how I am feeling that day. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Rich Fredeking
Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
Quote:
On 2003-04-04 18:36, Paris wrote:
With slow burn, you could have 3 of the four bills examined. No one questions the authenticity of the bills.

That's asking to be caught in my opinion. The authenticity of the fourth bill is compromised when the thickness of the other three bills are removed from the stack to be inspected. Even when you hold it and angle it exactly right, the fourth bill still looks a little funny, and they are going to wonder why you aren't handing all of the bills out.

So, yes, technically you can hand out all but one bill, but having at least one more to go with it is essential.
Chris Boyd
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Chris:
No need to hand 'em out. With Slow Burn, you've methodically shown each of the bills, front and back. The deliberate nature of the reveal obviates the need for a closer inspection.

(Man, ain't the Café great? Who'd have thought you could use the word "obviate" in a post about a gaffed money trick?) Smile
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
I don't own either effect, but I'm familiar with the methodology, and if you want to view it just from an audience's prspective, Slow Burn would look better to an audience. That visual change is very magical.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
Quote:
On 2003-04-04 22:45, Steve Friedberg wrote:
Chris:
No need to hand 'em out. With Slow Burn, you've methodically shown each of the bills, front and back. The deliberate nature of the reveal obviates the need for a closer inspection.

Actually, I don't routinely hand any of the bills out. Only once afterward has someone wanted to examine the money, thinking the backs of the bills had been glued on (I guess he wasn't paying attention when I flashed the backs), and he asked to look at them. I said, "Sure" and handed him a couple off the top, casually pocketing the rest. My point was not that one "should" do so, just that they "could".
Chris Boyd
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Point well taken.
Cheers,
Steve

kull_spider
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
115 Posts

Profile of kull_spider
Just ordered!

One qustion though..

Are the things needed to make the gimmick only available in magic stores? Or does it use ordinary stuff that can easily be found? Can someone PM me what is needed so that I will be able to get ready and start right away once the DVD arrives. Smile
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Kull:
You should obtain what's referred to here as "rubber cement." It may be called something else in Malaysia...which is the case in the UK.
Cheers,
Steve

kull_spider
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
115 Posts

Profile of kull_spider
Did you get it from a hardware shop?