The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: The Magic of Nefesch 3 double volume set (6 dvds) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
magicrohit
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magicrohit
The Magic Of Nefesch

Complete Review

Alright guys I just finished watching the complete set,there is SOOO much material on here it too me a whole week to finish but I am ready to give my input.

Let me start off be saying that you NEED to get this set the magic in here is TOP Notch and trust me you will love performing them. Some of my personal favorite effects are hatching, frozen, ballooned, glastation, and can. also PRR is a VERY Powerful effect with a lot of confidence and showmanship you could probably kill someone with this.

*CAN - OK can a Very Powerful hypnotic effect with a Borrowed soda can making this effect completely impromptu. I LOVE THIS one the cleanses and easiness of the effect can help you build confidence with suggestion and showmanship for other effects. This is SOOooo easy to do and yet again sooo STRONG trust me you will love this one.
*THREAD- Just as the description said move thread with your mind, personally I did not like this one that much, but for a quick miracle I might use it.
*FROZEN- This is MY favorite effect from the set, it covers all the details that the original pdf had the only problem I had was I felt Nefesch went a little fast in explaining and at some parts it was hard to see the ICE, but trust me these dvds have a NEW way of preparing the Ice that the original pdf did not have it is a lot faster than the original method.
*PSY - CAR - MOVE A CAR with your mind Sounds and looks awesome on the dvds however there is not much I can say about this one right now because I don't have my drivers license, but it looked very good just watching it.
*CRISPES - Signed coin to chips bag, basically you borrow a coin from your spectator and have them sign the coin, you then give them a bag of chips to hold the coin vanishes and the spectators actually feel the coin penetrate the bag ( no suggestion) the bag can be freely examined and the spectators actually open the bag themselves to discover the coin inside this is also another favorite of mine.
*HATCHING- signed coin to egg. Everything the original pdf had. WITHOUT a doubt the best coin to egg on the market very visual and it is the only COIN to egg I know where the coin is REALLY inside and the spectator can open the egg themselves to discover there coin inside.
*BALLOONED- MAN OH MAN this one IS SOOOOOOOOO visual you slowly deliberately push your cell phone into a spectators signed balloon, the spectators even call your phone to prove it was the very same cell phone that was outside the balloon just moments before. The only downside to this effect is you need to be seated, but I am sure with a couple changes you will be able to do it standing.
*GLASTION - signed card to glass bottle. This one is another great one you BORROW a glass bottle and the spectators signed card penetrates the bottle. It very cool and the method behind it is SO OUTSIDE THE BOX I can guarantee none of you can think of the method, this is on a new plane of thinking. The only downside to this effect in my opinion is you need a bottle with a special cap and the bottle can be hard to find in some areas other then that this one is a killer.
*S.O.S.- Self Opening Soda just what the description says borrow a soda can open it with your mind while your SPECTATORS ARE HOLDING THE CAN this is a VERY startling but powerful effect. I LOVE THIS ONE. Not for beginners.
*COINETRATION- Borrow a coin spectator signs the coin, place it on the table spectator places a glass on the singed coin pour yourself a drink and the spectator lifts the glass to show the coin has vanished you then lift the glass and show the coin has penetrated up into the glass.
*PRR- a palm reading revelation takes nerve to pull off but if you do you have a great impromptu miracle
*SKIN- This one IS GREAT very powerful and different from other revelations on spectators arm, the revelation is actually 3D and a spectator will have no clue how you manged to get the card on their arm in such a way.
*REBELD MATCH- An impromptu miracle with borrowed matches. A signed match continually does weird things. Very neat effect.
*BOWLING- Predict the result OF ANYTHING Really Basketball game, Football game, your friends birthday present anything really a great new NEVER BEFORE SEEN PRINCIPAL.
*CLEAN HANDS - A borrowed signed coin vanishes and appears in soap, I don't want to ruin the ending to this one trust me its an amazing miracle that is basically impromptu with a quick easy set up.
*NO MORE KID PARTIES- Not much to say about this other then Awesome your borrow a signed balloon and inflate it with your mind. IF you really could do this I think this is how it would look.
*BLOOD- A VERY strong effect but not for the faint hearted, a lot of people would be scared to try this because it can be dangerous I would not recommend it if your are under 18 but trust me you really could start your own religion with this.
*TORN AND RESTORE FROM HELL- The most unique torn and restored card on the market in my opinion is very visual and uses FIRE making it all the more powerful.
*LIGHTER THAN AIR - A great new hookup for invisible thread this will open soooo many new doors to be able to do things that were not possible with invisible thread before.

TRUST ME PICK UP THIS SET YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!! All of the material is TOP NOTCH
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Thanks for the review!

Im thinking about getting this but I have two questions for someone that owns the dvds.

How practical is this material for a working magician doing partys/resturants/ bars etc?

And how much material needs a lot of gimmicks and set ups?

Also what kind of bottles do you need for the card to bottle effect? can it be modified to use with other bottles? Say a coke bottle?
The effects sounds to good to be true!
magicrohit
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magicrohit
PM Nefesch he will tell you everything
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1571 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I'm thinking lots of gimmicks and long setups. I was dissapointed when I purchased the hatching a long time ago.
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
What is the effect Can? That a spectator stands on a soda can? If so where is the magic?

Im also Intrested in S.O.S but it says Not for beginers, Beginer in what? Is it hard to pull off?
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
S.O.S is not a hard effect to pull off, but to be honest I found it to be a bit disappointing overall (S.O.S).
I can't remember exactly why I feel this way as it's been some time since ive looked it over etc, but I'm sure it was something to do with how freely the spec can see etc.

As for the magic in the spec standing on a can, well I guess if you look at it like that there is nothing overly magical or special, but I think with the right presentation it could be a great little impromptu piece.
You could do it as a sort of hypnotic demonstration or control, and have them get and feel lighter and lighter thus the can does not crush... then take it away and 'CRUMPLE' it squishes.

This set sounds like it has some interesting pieces.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
As for the magic in the spec standing on a can, well I guess if you look at it like that there is nothing overly magical or special, but I think with the right presentation it could be a great little impromptu piece.
You could do it as a sort of hypnotic demonstration or control, and have them get and feel lighter and lighter thus the can does not crush... then take it away and 'CRUMPLE' it squishes.

This is not how the effect goes.
You hypnotize them and they are getting lighter and lighter so they can stand on the can... Then you un-hypnotize them and they try again to stand on the can and of course they can't. They crush it while trying to stand on it.
Best,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Is it an Empty Soda can? Then its amazing

It looks like it has a lot of great material but that's the two effects I'm most intrested in.

Also the card to bottle sounds to good to be true! Can it be modefied to use with any bottle? Someone said that the bottle used in the video could be hard to find.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
On 2008-05-28 12:31, fridoliina89 wrote:
Is it an Empty Soda can? Then its amazing

It looks like it has a lot of great material but that's the two effects I'm most intrested in.

Also the card to bottle sounds to good to be true! Can it be modefied to use with any bottle? Someone said that the bottle used in the video could be hard to find.

Yes the can is empty.
Now about the Glastion (signed card to bottle). Nefesch's handling is about this type of bottles but I guess someone could modify it to work with other bottles because the real gold of this effect is not the bottle BUT the principles.
Hope that helps,
Titanas
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Is there much clean up for the CAN effect? Like the other material on the dvd it just sounds to goo to be true.

I will have to order this set!
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
On 2008-05-28 12:58, fridoliina89 wrote:
Is there much clean up for the CAN effect? Like the other material on the dvd it just sounds to goo to be true.

I will have to order this set!

No clean up at all... No set up at all Smile
Yes you really have to order this set Smile
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Quote:
On 2008-05-28 12:16, Titanas wrote:
Quote:

This is not how the effect goes.
You hypnotize them and they are getting lighter and lighter so they can stand on the can... Then you un-hypnotize them and they try again to stand on the can and of course they can't. They crush it while trying to stand on it.
Best,
Titanas

I wasn't giving a description of the effect, just trying to show how the can idea could be utilised, and from the sounds of it it is along those lines which is cool... just clearing that up.

Sounds like a great set.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Hi,
Thanks for your interest in my set.
It took me a while to find this thread.
I am pretty sure that there will come more reviews soon. You can find some here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=111&11
You see, it is a huge content and I bet people want to try the effects before write a review. Until then, I will be happy to reply to any questions you may have.
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Im going to pick up vol 3 and I'm thinking about getting vol 1 too becaus I'm really interested in the card to bottle.

But I have a few questions about the card to bottle effect, how examinable is it? and what kind of bottles do you need? someone said that the bottles were hard to find.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2008-05-30 13:01, fridoliina89 wrote:
Im going to pick up vol 3 and I'm thinking about getting vol 1 too becaus I'm really interested in the card to bottle.

But I have a few questions about the card to bottle effect, how examinable is it? and what kind of bottles do you need? someone said that the bottles were hard to find.

Hi,
well I don't know if in USA are hard to find. I really don't think it is hard to find them.

In my country I can find them at ANY store, gass station, super market, etc.

However I am also sure, that after you see the method, you will see that you can aply it making some SWITCHES to other types of bottles.

And about how examinalbe the bottle is, well:

*THE BOTTLE CAN BE BORROWED
*AND IT CAN BE GIVEN AT THE END AS A SOUVENIR.

So I belive is more than FAIRLY examinable, hehe

Hope that helps
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Hey Smile
Thank you for answering my question Smile

So would you think it would be possible to do with say a coke bottle or a normal glass bottle?

For me it does not really matter if its still factory sealed just as long as the bottle is closed and the card goes in the bottle it would be fantastic.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1882 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2008-05-27 18:05, Bobby Forbes wrote:
I'm thinking lots of gimmicks and long setups. I was dissapointed when I purchased the hatching a long time ago.

95% Right on the gimmicks and long setups. The ideas and most of the methods are very orginal. The set is also full of nice material if your going to do your own tv show or don't work that much and have time to do some serious setups, but there isn't much material for real workers. The setups are just huge in many cases and also in most effects there is moments that scream that something is happening. To sum it up: Very orginal thinking but hardly workable routines in their current form for real world working enviroments.
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
If you are performing parties is there any good material then?
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
On 2008-05-31 17:41, korttihai_82 wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-05-27 18:05, Bobby Forbes wrote:

95% Right on the gimmicks and long setups. The ideas and most of the methods are very orginal. The set is also full of nice material if your going to do your own tv show or don't work that much and have time to do some serious setups, but there isn't much material for real workers. The setups are just huge in many cases and also in most effects there is moments that scream that something is happening. To sum it up: Very orginal thinking but hardly workable routines in their current form for real world working enviroments.

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your input. I would be very interested to know what other effects apart hatching and maybe blood are in the category of long set ups.
Best,
Titanas
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Im getting a bit confused, allot of people saying that it is a fantastic dvd set, and some people says it has a lot of set ups and not very practical.

Can someone who owns it tell me what you think?

Im never doing walk around magic, Im just performing parties so I'm wondering if this is something for me.