The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Jay Sankey's "Hypervisual" DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I've lived with this the last two days. I LOVE the DVD. The included gaffs, many I've never seen before, are perfect and so well made.

Now, anyone on this site knows I'm a Sankey fan. I literally have done some of his routines 1000's of times ( Papercliped is always in my pocket ). But also, as I have gotten older, look at things with a critical eye. What I know look for is something that improves what I do now. I rarely add a new routine, but tweak a routine with an idea, a move, different way of doing it that elevates it.

Jay put allot of thought into the project and it shows. Jay gives detailed instruction on sleights, use of gaffs and offers routines. I actually wasn’t planning on using any of the gaffs supplied. I was looking more for ideas on what I do now.

Jay has a routine called "IN CASE OF EMERGENCY". He says this was released before. If it was a marketed effect, I missed it. I watched the routine and like it, but it wasn't going to change what I do. Then he gave a second handling. BOOM-homerun. What an idea. I'm putting it right into my set.

The DVD says “Jay also discusses the effective use of time lapses, the power of confidence, buckling cards, the secrets of technical speed and the 'unbroken rhythm,' rare information on the Botop (Bottom/Top) Card Change the difference between magic and confusion”.

This is the real gold of this DVD. Jay ahs been a working Pro since a teenager. When a guy like that shares personal info on what works, if elevates what you do to another level.

I'm still going through it all ( 3rd time ) but as I said, I love it.

You can watch a demo and order direct from jay. He ships FAST.

http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48153
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
ChrisK
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of ChrisK
Sounds like something that goes on the shopping list. In any case, are these "newly" created gaffs so to speak, or can one pick them up anytime, anywhere (pun intended).

ChrisK.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Christopher,

I think the trick you are talking about was originally called "Case Of Mistaken Identity" and was marketed for a while It can also be found on Sankey's Greatest Hits. Good effect!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Cameron, thank you for the research!

The effect, in the version I like, uses a post-it note. KILLER!!!

jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1478 Posts

Profile of jstone
My copy is on it's way.... I can't wait...
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17428 Posts

Profile of joseph
He must have released a dozen items this year already....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Quote:
On 2008-03-29 10:25, joseph wrote:

What's your point?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jay's passion for the project really comes across. He's doesn't just teach "tricks" but goes all out on how to perform for people.

There are some incredible routines on this DVD.

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
All these review of great Sankey products, and I am about to bust the bank again...you guys do it to me every time!

Oh well, here's to Sank! Smile
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's only March and we're getting hammered with incredible releases. 2008 is going to be a year to remember!

jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1478 Posts

Profile of jstone
I'm already campaigning to change the way we count years... This is year one of the new and improved Sankey Magic or 1 SM.

:)
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17428 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2008-03-29 11:26, ixnay66 wrote:
Quote:

What's your point?

I guess you missed it.. Smile ...
The point is he's right on schedule with his multiple release per month trend...
Which is really amazing.....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-03-28 22:21, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Jay hss been a working Pro since a teenager.

I was told by Minneapolis Eagle Magic owner, Larry, that Jay Sankey visited the store when he was only like 12 or 13! How time flies when you are having a good time, eh?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-03-30 00:39, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
It's only March and we're getting hammered with incredible releases. 2008 is going to be a year to remember!

A veritable smörgåsbord of magical goodies!

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 6:13pm
Quote:

On 2008-03-30 06:48, joseph wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-03-29 11:26, ixnay66 wrote:
Quote:

What's your point?

I guess you missed it.. ...
The point is he's right on schedule with his multiple release per month trend...
Which is really amazing.....

Really it's incredible! The man is a human dynamo of magic!
Evilstalkerhorne
View Profile
New user
USA Waterloo Iowa
70 Posts

Profile of Evilstalkerhorne
Ok I am getting this one and will post my findings. As many of you already know I am VERY critical and post what I think without fear compromise (for a good example read my comments on Kronos). I tell the good if there is any and the bad. One of the stupidest tricks I have found is the card that changes with heat from spade to a heart. The white is a different shade, the hearts are upside down when they change, and the stem of the spades are still visible when they should not be.
If this has anything that is poorly thought out, I will mention it within a week or to. Check back here.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Who created that changing card effect? Was that Jessie?
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1700 Posts

Profile of Futureal
The ad is a bit vague - what gaffs are included?

- the Queen with her eyes closed
- the Ace with the middle pip moved down somewhat

And what else?
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
There are gaffs that replicate the rear or the card case and card with a 'shifted' rear design.
This is a great DVD, there were some colour changes I was unfamiliar with and the teaching, as usual, is clear and concise. There are some killer effects on here too.
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
The last word on colour changes and the routines on this DVD are fabulous too.

I particularily like the first "Shift" routine that Jay Sankey indicates was inspired by a routine that was first performed by Kreskin. I love the absolute simplicity of this routine and I find it stuns audiences as its unusual and the ultimate kicker happens in the audience members hands.

This is a must have DVD for anyone interested in visual card magic and colour changes.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
I just love the guy! His off beat, whacky humour and presentation really is first class...
And as a magician he is RIGHT up there with the best.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...