The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Rubber band magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
reuvanes
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of reuvanes
Has anyone seen Magic Makers new dvd on rubberband magic with Ben Salinas? If so would you care to review it. I am surprised that I haven't seen anything on it thus far.
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
... I am surprised that I haven't seen anything on it thus far ...

Maybe because it's Magic Makers'.
For Rubber Band DVDs, I would recomment you:

Extreme Rubberband Magic - Joe Rindfleisch
Magic With Rubberbands - Dan Harlan
Band Shark - Dan Harlan
Link - Nabil Murday

For the start, just buy Extreme Rubberband Magic - Joe Rindfleisch
ALL can be bought in http://www.themagicwarehouse.com

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I agree with everything Magicstudent just said.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5211 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Great effect, Pinnacle by Russ Niedzwiecki:

http://www.magicbuzz.net/pinnacle.html (check out video)
reuvanes
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of reuvanes
Thanks for the reply. I already have all of the dvds mentioned but I just wanted to know what people had to say about this new one.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
LINK! Is a GREAT DVD.

I've been doing Crazymans Handcuffs for a L O N G time.

Since seeing and Learning Moves from LINK,

I've changed my whole routine around.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I agree with everything he just said too.
ccccchunt
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of ccccchunt
The New Greg Moreland Rubber Band Magic set is awesome also!!!!
The GingerBread Man
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of The GingerBread Man
I thought this was fun and so did my girl freind.

G.B.M.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2441 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
My good friend Russell Leeds is coming out wih a DVD on Rubber Band magic shortly. I have seen al his stuff and it is like nothing out there at this moment. Russ has a background in coin magic (as do I) and some of his plots move away from standard band plots and use coin ideas to really create something different. The looks on peoples faces at Blackpool this year was great when he was performing he stuff for them.

I am also honoured as he has asked me to appear on the DVD and even perform one of my own pet band routines as a bonus. This DVD is going to be great!!!

Craig
wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
I do have the Magic Makers Rubberban dvd. I haven't watched it all but what I've seen so far has given credit to the creators of the tricks. Once I watch it all I will give it a proper review.
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
I must second the motion for Greg Moreland's DVD. His teaching style is very clear and the effects are all excellent. The tricks are all so short, so rather than skimp you, he has several different performance videos of his routine for various people so you really get a feel for how the tricks work for real people.
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
The problem is Greg never got permission form the creators to produce their material on his dvd. None of the effects are original with him and no credit is given. :-(

Joe Rindfleisch
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
nabil
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of nabil
Thanks guys. Neznarf - glad it was useful to you. Smile It's nice to know that people are out there actually entertaining people with it and putting their own creativity into it.

As to the question of what to get- What I would recommend, if you can afford it, is to get everything on 1 subject and dive into it wholeheartedly for awhile. Concentrate Your Forces (that's one of the Law's of Power, LOL). It's better to be really great at just a few routines, then to be so-so at a thousand things.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2441 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
You guys have to watch out for Banding Around by Russ Leeds. Killer band magic and different t anything else out there!

Keep your eyes peeled its coming soon

Craig
magicman456
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of magicman456
Hey guys check out extreme rubberband magic by joe reindflesh it is a great dvd the magic warehouse sells it
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Get Bandshark, you won't regret it! Magic Warehouse has pre-ownded for this one.

Magicman456, Welcome to the Café Smile

Bob
Best Regards,

Bob
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I highly recommend Dan Harlan and Joe on this subject. The rubber band magic they teach is above any other!
Brian
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Michael Ammar also has his Classic Renditions dvd on rubberband magic which includes Crazy Man's Handcuffs on his website.

Bob Phillips