The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: IKnow - Jason Palter - Paltergeist Unlimited - Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
justini
View Profile
New user
Salisbury, MD
54 Posts

Profile of justini
I posted this on the iKnow thread under the "Latest and Greatest" but thought I would post it here also.

Hi guys. I just got mine last night, so this is my short review:

AMAZING!

I watched the DVD, prepared the effect, and rehearsed it several times.

This morning, I was jumping out of my skin to try this on my wife. She is a skeptic, and as most of our wives are, get's really sick of "Honey let me show you a trick."

I told her that I had loaded several of our CD's into itunes, something I've been meaning to do anyway for some time. I then showed her the playlist I created from all those songs that I put on my ipod.

Then I went through the trick, as presented on the DVD.

When I revealed the song, she was shocked. She just started laughing and kept saying, "that was great, that was great! How did you know?"

This is a killer, easy to do, and will be loads of fun for quite some time.

Thanks Jason - your ROCK!
:clownonball:
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
This is a pretty clever idea to say the least.

While it takes a little "one time" preparation, it is well worth the few minutes it does take. It's not unusual for me to have my iPOD with me and I can see myself doing this as a simple impromptu effect that will leave people scratching their heads.

Now, I only received this yesterday and I only have two performances under my belt and granted, those were for family members...but as you know, they don't hand out "kudos' " on just anything...and I am happy to say it worked VERY WELL both times. I am looking forward to more real world performances with "iKnow".

The effect is very easy to do...and I don't see this ending up in my drawer of Magical Misfits... Smile This will get some use!

I am glad I passed a few bucks Jason's way and purchased iKnow. There is some wonderful thinking here....Thanks Jason!

Best,

Bobby
natswift
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado
177 Posts

Profile of natswift
This seems like a very well routined trick and I can see where it holds a lot of entertainment punch.

My youngest son (now 13) was helping me to brainstorm an idea last year to do this exact effect!! I believe our method is Identical to "Iknow".

The next step is to have them choose a song that they want to hear not a random song!

Thanks for sharing the review.
Never forget to dream!

Nathan Smith
nateswift2010@gmail.com
magicgetsgirls
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of magicgetsgirls
Thanks for the reviews guys. I'm thinking about getting this, but before I get I know I'd like to know...
Can you still have all of your original songs on the ipod or is there some sort of limit on how many songs you can have? I want to make sure I can still listen to all my music while performing this effect. Any help would be appreceated. Thanks!
-Peter.
Someone who can use his hands is a laborer. Someone who can use his hands, and his mind is a craftsmen. Someone who can use his hands, his mind, and his heart is an artist.
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Quote:
On 2008-03-27 11:38, magicgetsgirls wrote:
Thanks for the reviews guys. I'm thinking about getting this, but before I get I know I'd like to know...
Can you still have all of your original songs on the ipod or is there some sort of limit on how many songs you can have? I want to make sure I can still listen to all my music while performing this effect. Any help would be appreceated. Thanks!
-Peter.

Peter, you can leave your originals intact and listen to them as you always have!

best,
Bk
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Hmmm sounds very promising. Now if you could do this with THERE Ipod that would be something else. Grant it I read somewhere (MAGIC OR GENII) I think of a method to do that but it would require a PCT. So I might have to get this. Only other issue I might see is, not a lot of poeple trust using others Headphones. But luckily my friends aren't like that.