The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Reflections DVD by Yigal Mesika & Finn Jon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
A companion DVD for their 2 DVD loops set. Price will be from $30-$45, depending on who you order from.

Reflections

In REFLECTIONS, leading masters of levitation and animation, Finn Jon and Yigal Mesika come together again to take you through the DO's and DON'Ts of performing with IT and Loops in any light condition. In REFLECTIONS you will learn how to walk into any setting, from close up to stage and instantly know how to eliminate those telltale reflections that can ruin your act! If you're using levitation and animation at any level, this DVD is essential viewing!

You'll find inside tips and advice on the magic behind creating magic in the air. The riveting sequel to LOOPS volume 1&2 contains in depth, explanation of how to create totally believable effects so that even skeptics will be convinced! Watch Mesika and Finn open up on candid conversations with each other about top secrets on how to foolproof your technique and work well with backgrounds to eliminate any suspicions of IT and IE. Enjoy a rare, private lesson with the experts and watch them perform new effects never seen or done before.
Jumping Cigarette
One-hand Floating Bill
Spinning Bulb
Boomerang Card
Secret Loop Move
Running Time Approximately 60min
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
This sounds good. I would love to hear some reviews soon.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Penguin Magic has this for $37.50. You get a 10% returning customer discount and FREE shipping.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=9882

Hocus-Pocus has it for $44.95 You pay for shipping. If it's not in stock, you get a slip in the mail saying it's back ordered ( and your credit card charged ). Hmmmm.
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?hn=1

If Penguin doesn't have it in stock, you can't order it.

Just supplying consumers with choices. I have no stock in any shop.

MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I'm wondering if Penguin is having some site problems. You can't access the product from the New Arrivals section and it says it's not available.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
No one has these yet. Penguin won't let you order a product if they don't have it. That prevents the backorder nonsense.

rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
This is now down to $27.95 for members at hocus-pocus and it appears to be in stock.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1439 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
SO any reviews on the the reflection topic being discussed? Is it helpful or just what has been said before?
Is it worth the price for the information provided?
toph
View Profile
Regular user
Dock o' the Bay, California
162 Posts

Profile of toph
Quote:
On 2010-09-05 23:19, Powermagic wrote:
SO any reviews on the the reflection topic being discussed? Is it helpful or just what has been said before?
Is it worth the price for the information provided?

To be honest, I'd just stick with the LOOPS DVD Volume they put out, which is absolutely brilliant.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
2 years with no reviews says enough for me. Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1439 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Toph, thanks for the input. Is lighting and reflections discussed in LOOPS in the same detail? Toph, have you watched Reflections? I am just curious what you thought of the material on it.
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Just saw it , yes we are in 2022 , so it may be biased .. nothing groundbreaking
There are better ressources nowaday
cheers