The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Time Stands Still review WANTED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
What the description on the package says:
http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=DV6416
"A watch is shown and verified to be in perfect shape. The performer then does the unthinkable, by slamming the face of the watch down on the edge of a table. When the watch is turned over the crystal is horribly shattered. Retrieving a small cloth, the performer begins to polish the damaged face of the watch. The crystal is shown to be completely repaired and the watch and cloth are handed out for examination.
START CLEAN, END CLEAN.
WATCH CAN BE EXAMINED BEFORE AND AFTER
ROUTINES INCLUDE USING A BORROWED WATCH
PRECISION MADE GIMMICK
ALWAYS READY, NO RESET
EASY TO PERFORM
"

Anyone have this? Can someone please post a review if this product is worth purchasing. This item seems interesting. Thank you.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
More than 40 views and still no reviews? Smile

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
M@gic Man
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
121 Posts

Profile of M@gic Man
I got sick of waiting for a review so I went ahead and got it. and I don't regret it either. I'm still yet to perform it, but the gimmick is good, easy to carry round, handling is pretty easy, I'm going to change the handling a little bit to fit what best works for me. As for angles etc, the spectators can be pretty close and they wont see anything.

I don't know why it says routines include using a borrowed watch, because it can be done with any round faced watch. It takes a bit of prep, I'm talking a few seconds max. that can be done in front of them without them noticing anything.
Its true that you end clean, as for starting clean, you do kinda have to be ready in a way. but you can show hands empty before and after, depending on how you perform it.

The cloth that's supplied doesn't have to be used, you can use anything similar, so there is no problem in terms of having to carry the cloth, you could even use your shirt, or someone elses shirt sleeve etc, to 'polish' the watch at the end of the routine.

As for the smashing part of the routine, it is completely safe, wont damage there watch at all. however that is the only part of the routine I'm not 100% happy with, but then again I'm yet to try it. there is plenty of ways around it as well, if you want to change up the routine a bit and create your own way to 'smash' the watch.

I take it the from the lack of reviews no one actually has this effect, which I think in a way is quite sad as it is a great piece of magic, but then agian I'm not fussed if I'm the only one out there performing it.

Ill give it a 9/10, 1 point off, because if no one has a round faced watch then you cant perform it, unless you use your own, in which case its not as magical.

Cheers.
Its not what you do, but how you do it.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Thanks for the review! Smile I'll purchase one right away..
Can this be performed in short sleeves? surrounded?

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
M@gic Man
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
121 Posts

Profile of M@gic Man
Short sleeves yes, surrounded...depends on how good you are. but it is best viewed front on, from the audience point of view. but there can be people to either side as well and they probably wont see a thing.
My only other problem with it that I have just discovered with some trial and error, is the size of the gimmick..... its not going to work on every single round faced watch you find.

Let us know what you think of it if you decide to purchase one.
Its not what you do, but how you do it.