The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Where are Instructional DVDs on PK Magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ditjen
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of ditjen
Does anyone know where there are Instructional DVDs on PK Magic for sale? And please also tell me which one(s) you think are the best.

Thanks,
Don Itjen
AlienMind
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
131 Posts

Profile of AlienMind
Quote:
On 2007-08-31 15:07, ditjen wrote:
Does anyone know where there are Instructional DVDs on PK Magic for sale? And please also tell me which one(s) you think are the best.

Thanks,
Don Itjen

The best ones, IMHO, are: "Psychokinetic Silverware" by Gerry and Banachek and the vol.4 of the series "PsiSeries" by Banachek.
Best,
Pier
AlienMind
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
131 Posts

Profile of AlienMind
I was forgetting…

Psychokinetic Silverware
http://www.thecentertear.com/full/Magic-......1989.htm

Psi Series
http://www.thecentertear.com/full/Magic-......2174.htm

Best,
Pier
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Nice but those are not PK. Look at what Wizard PK has put out. They have a number of DVDs including a nice new series by Randi Rain.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Side note, when PK is referenced it usually refers to the use of a certain item to achieve the effect, in Psychokinetic Silverwear, an excellent video if you can get past Gerry being Gerry, physical means rather than a gimmick is used.
AlienMind
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
131 Posts

Profile of AlienMind
Quote:
On 2007-08-31 20:20, MagicSanta wrote:
Side note, when PK is referenced it usually refers to the use of a certain item to achieve the effect, in Psychokinetic Silverwear, an excellent video if you can get past Gerry being Gerry, physical means rather than a gimmick is used.

Sure, you have reason but because Don has asked for some DVDs for "PK Magic" and not for "PK Ring" specifically, I have thought that, plus generally, he searched for effects that can be defined PsychoKinetics.
Best,
Pier
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I don't think so, PK means a specific thing in magic while Psychokinetics refers to a larger field. They were good recommendations though. Don, you want PK as in rings or just movement?
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
"PK", in the magic industry, has come to refer to effects performed with a large controlling magnet, like the PK EFFECT first invented and released by Patrick Snowden. Of course, in the real world it does mean "Psychokinesis." (The supposed ability to move objects with psychic power).

Cheers

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
That is correct Ben, you evil genius you.
AlienMind
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
131 Posts

Profile of AlienMind
Quote:
On 2007-09-04 17:42, Ben Harris wrote:
"PK", in the magic industry, has come to refer to effects performed with a large controlling magnet, like the PK EFFECT first invented and released by Patrick Snowden. Of course, in the real world it does mean "Psychokinesis." (The supposed ability to move objects with psychic power).

Cheers

Ben

Please, someone can inform the following magicians to change the names of theirs effects/books because they don't use magnet but they still use PK: Smile
Banachek & Steve Dala - PK Sharpie
Werner Geissler - PK Spoon
Jim Coles - PK Revolution
*********** - PK Death Punch (Dim-Mak)

Best,
Pier
AlienMind
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
131 Posts

Profile of AlienMind
Quote:
*********** - PK Death Punch (Dim-Mak)

The censorship has still hit ... *********** stay for S - c - o - t - t - - X - a - v - I - e - r (we will see if it works therefore)

Pier
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
AlienMind,

The mentalism guys love to use the term "PK". Nothing we can really do about it.

It was not their fault that Patrick's effect with a magnet (The PK Factor*) would capture the art's imagination and become a generic term.

Myself, I just look at what the effect is on offer and then decide, "Is it done with a large magnet?" When I answer this question, then I know how the term is being used.

You'll soon get the hang of it. It's a fun creative excercise.

Cheers

Ben

*I named this incorrectly as THE PK EFFECT in my intial post.

Which, MagicSanta, means I'm still "evil" but not so "genius." Ha!!!
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Ben is again correct. Guys like Banachek use PK as it is used in the psuedo-science world but the fellow asking the question was asking in the magic market world, which relates to that specific item used to bring about effect. PK has other meanings in other industries but are we going to assume they do not apply here? I am making that assumption.
ditjen
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of ditjen
Ben was correct when he assumed that I was talking about a PK ring, PK coin, M5 Pro, etc. That's the kind of things I need some instructions and ideas for. Magnetic stuff.

Sure, I know how to do a few things like make a coin roll over, make pages in a book turn by themselves, stop a watch, etc. But, the lack of info and ideas I have, leave a lot to be desired. Also, just simple things like how do I use the magnetic switches I have and various other stuff has me confused. I NEED some serious and top notch instructional stuff on this whole area of magic.

So any ideas along that line with links to buy it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Don Itjen
AlienMind
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
131 Posts

Profile of AlienMind
Quote:
On 2007-09-07 23:15, ditjen wrote:
Ben was correct when he assumed that I was talking about a PK ring, PK coin, M5 Pro, etc. That's the kind of things I need some instructions and ideas for. Magnetic stuff.

Well, I understand to have misinterpreted your demands (even if will continue to use "PK" like abbreviation of PsycoKinetics Smile )unfortunately… the magnetics stuff is not my cup of tea.

Best,
Pier