The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Bubble Gum Magic DVD Vol 1 & 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
All thought the price is very cheap for these DVD's.. Sorry to say the price is still too high.

On both of these the quality is absolutly horrible! First off on both DVD's the camera is too far back to really see what is going on when they are performing these effects for real people. It looks as if there are in a mall candy store doing these effects for the public and trying to get interest in for th store. Great promotion idea. But for the most part reactions from most people are nil to nothing. While a few do look surprised at what happened.. Most do not really seem impressed. But again on most tricks you really cannot see what is going on.

With the explanations.. the lighting is so bad that once again.. things tend to wash out against their shirts.. A great effect as a full pack of gum seems to just vanish as they hold it when they pass it in front of their body/shirts.

Some of the explanations seems to drag out.. All though they are through and pretty complete.. you are wishing they would get on with it all ready. And one annoying thing (at least to me) is that they use scissors quite a bit to make thir gaffs. And like a key to a dirty gas station restroom.. they have this big hunka wood hanging from the scissors! Which either keeps banging against the counter they are working on..or.. they have to readjust the cutting to get the proper cutting angle with the scissors. UG really.. I am sure you are not going to have people coming into the shooting of the explanations trying to either 1. borrow the scissirs.. or 2. trying to steal them... Either take that big hunka wood of it.. or get another pair that you don't have this huge thing dangling from.

Not that there is going ot be a gold mine of stuff that will be earth shattering.. I would think some of the efects would be ok.. and worth wild. (if you could actually see them on the DVD's)

But for the most part these left me pretty dry and feeeling I came away wih nothing.. or couldn't get enough out of the quality to get anything from them.

I think thes guys had a good idea with what they wer trying to do and some decent ideas for the most part using a object everyone would normally have with them. To mkae it look like you are doing something truely impromptu.. These DVD's really fell short with me.

Personal opinion.... buy something else.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3069 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Great review.. This also didn't get good reivews because there is nothing new! Most of the effects are just existing methods adapted to bubble gum.

Don't get this.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets