The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Trespass DVD by Dan Army :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Here we go again. The Tag is The most Impromtu effect of its Kind. That there in lies the read between the lines. Is it Impromtu? Or as Impromtu as can Be for a Coin In bottle Effect. Prohibition and Coin in Can are the tops for me right now. Has anyone heard of this one?

hocus-pocus.com
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Not another by Dan Army!!! Oh the joy of the day goes on...
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Wait hold up, Sarcasm is hard to read on here sometimes, I really don't know of Dan, just that recently this and his "Black Book" or something like that have hit the scene. Whats the scoop with him? Oh Chris, ever find that review on Genii?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

He is a 15 year old kid. He has a lot of ideas, but they are that, ideas, not professional routines. His book was poorly written and is probably amongst the worst I have seen. The kid is just trying to get rich and famous, yet is denting his own reputation. I have been proven wrong that now anyone can bring out a DVD these days...shame in this case. And nope, I contacted Genii, and I have had a few people email me or PM me congratulating me in the review, but I am still yet to read it myself!
www.magicman13.co.uk

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
HMmmm I wonder what happened to my post. OK anyway thanks for the info, ill make sure that I stay away from this product "SINCE IT doesn't SUIT MY NEEDS!"
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
I'm actually curious for a review, but I know for sure I won't be the one plopping down the dough for it. I remember an old youtube video demonstrating this effect and it was ridiculously visual...just wondering if the effect has changed since then.
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
There's a demo on hocus-pocus.
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
The very last portion of the demo looks interesting.
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
320 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
Looks interesting, but ill have to wait for the review.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I remember hearing about this quite a while ago, here is what I can remember, though things might have changed:

Two handlings, one impromptu and the other not.
Can be done on plastic and glass bottles.
One version has the object trapped inside (don't think in the impromptu one, or with a glass bottle).
Quick set-up.
Object can be signed.

that's all I remember, though don't take any of it as fact as I really don't know. This effect does look very visual, but how true is the add? Any signed object... I don't ever remember him saying that, so can I sign a pepsi can and drop it into the bottle, I think not (I know, I'm being silly). Most impromptu of it's kind... hmmm, Christopher William's is 100% impromptu. And has the proper research been done on this, has it been fully tested in the real world and for how long?
I have to admit though that it does look pretty stunning, and maybe this is a fantastic effect, but I'm sure not gonna be the one to find out.
Im happily awaiting Impervious, but look forward to hearing peoples thoughts on Tresspass.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Looks a bit like passing thru by Kevin Parker to me.
BlackDove
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of BlackDove
Hey guys I really do think you should give him another chance....i mean he's 15 and there are these grown men getting on him like your his dad...I mean really. Yes, I know what he did, but I, unlike most people on these forums, already forgave him. I understand some of you wont be able to but, correct me if Im wrong but peter Harrison ALREADY forgave him. So, can we please drop this stupid grudge against a kid, lets see if his magic is any good...I OWN black, and I thought it was great. Me and Dan Army both had a deal with enigmagia and he has another DVD of his coin vanish, and I have one called Traverse, its my coin matrix. Look that stuff sup in hocus pocus or penguin magic, or any other large magic shop. Now..back on subject, I have wanted trespass from the SECOND I saw a demo, so I am hoping to see a review soon....and maybeya review of traverse? haha

||Peace? ||
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

Calvin, or Blackdove, which ever you prefer, yes you have just released a DVD, however, you are young yourself...and seem to have the only positive post about Dan...also, you both release products at the same time...with a similar feel to the demo, and I just am not sure if you two know each other in some way. I too own black, and it wasn't great...as you call it, again, I think you are the only one with it who has a positive thing to say. It is all ideas, nothing more. So maybe Dan showed his friends, and grandma and perhaps his sister, but that doesn't cut it for me. What's worse, after getting a bad reputation...he releases more??? What if that is old and un credited etc? Then what for him? He is ruining his career before he even has one. He seems to be in a rush to release as much as possible...what for? Is he trying to make some quick money? Is he just bored?
www.magicman13.co.uk

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I want to point out that in my review I specifically said people like you would love it. Thank you, lil' fella, for showing I was correct.
synth_infusion
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of synth_infusion
Quote:
On 2007-08-01 14:01, Christopher Williams wrote:
Calvin, or Blackdove, which ever you prefer, yes you have just released a DVD, however, you are young yourself...and seem to have the only positive post about Dan...also, you both release products at the same time...with a similar feel to the demo, and I just am not sure if you two know each other in some way. I too own black, and it wasn't great...as you call it, again, I think you are the only one with it who has a positive thing to say. It is all ideas, nothing more. So maybe Dan showed his friends, and grandma and perhaps his sister, but that doesn't cut it for me. What's worse, after getting a bad reputation...he releases more??? What if that is old and un credited etc? Then what for him? He is ruining his career before he even has one. He seems to be in a rush to release as much as possible...what for? Is he trying to make some quick money? Is he just bored?

Just sounds like he is trying to get rich and famous real quick. I've heard he's been doing magic for only 3 years.
Nitro
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Nitro
Gentelman,

I keep reading this "age" issue thing everywhere on this forum and I find it ridiculous. What's your problem with age anyway? Do you consider yourself OLD Christopher?

I'd like to point you and MagicSanta to a previous post by Chris from magic lybrary on that subject: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=159

It's quite annoying to read everyday that age is an issue for anyone. I started around 8 I guess, and by that time I already entertained people and made money out of it, I'm almost in my 30's and age has never been a problem to make others smile. Magic is an universal language. No matter what age, religion, color, you have. That's what magic is all about. If you think that it's because you are old you are good, you should go ahead and take a closer look at the mirror.

My young brother has 12 years old he started in magic some months ago should I say him to stop just because there are some guys on the internet descriminating young people?

By the way Chris, it's funny you asked if Dan is trying to get rich, maybe you gave away the money of your releases for charity. Everyone has to make a living, you shouldn't even say that since you charged $50 for a DVD with a couple effects. I'm going off topic, so please let's give a review on this.

And no, I'm not affiliated with Dan I just think enough is enough. People just step back and stop bashing, keep your frustrations aside and focus on a review.

Jay
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1711 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Well the reviews have been awful!
There is more then 'a couple' of ideas on Christopher William's dvd.
Sterling is very strong against the dollar that is why the price can vary.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

Jay, thanks for the post...i am not getting at his age, I am getting at his attitude at such a young age. I don't consider myself old, I am 20, coming up 21. However I have been in magic for 16, almost 17 years now, performing for almost 7 of those, rather than just being a creator like I had before, however it took 5 years after being a professional to get my first product out, then over a year later the DVD. The DVD has no 'ideas' though it is called Bright Ideas. All the routines have come from my 'working' reportoire as a professional and working magician. And funny you say about giving away money...i gave a lot of my friend Magicians my DVDs, and I gave one to the Billy McCoy signed deck charity auction as a bonus http://www.billymccoy.co.uk for more info on that, and I have given money to charity for cancer research and I am on a project for making more for cancer research, especially after 3 members of my family have died from it, one only about a month ago, and with my friend Jack Parker dying as well from it. Those who know me know that I am not in Magic for the money, but for the love. In my lectures, I am happy for them to not buy a thing, no lecture notes, no DVDs, no books etc, and I will teach them everything FOR FREE.
www.magicman13.co.uk

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Jay, since you singled me out I'll try to explain this to you. When I first read Black I found it very disturbing. If it was written by a thirty year old I would have been concerned for his mental state. When I found out it was written be a 15 year old it explained why it was so odd. The simple fact is, and if you are pushing thirty you know this, mileage counts. With age comes wisdom only because people have traveled a road or two more, have been through more experiences, have had more chance to fail and recover. It isn't an insult to the young, it is a simple fact. Persi Dioconis (sp) was, in his teens, far ahead than most of us will ever be in his magic and thoughts. Josh Jay was an outstanding young man. They are rare though. Base purely on Black, which is the only thing I have to go by, this Dan Army is a terrible writer, has no idea what he is talking about, and doesn't care about the quality of the product. If he was 30 it would be inexusable, at 15 it is sad but understandable.

Here is what I invite the youngsters who are angry they are young to do if they think they are so hip to life. Sit down and write your life philosophy, about how you think things work in the every day. Seal it up and read it when you hit 30. I can pretty much promise you you'll be sickened then laugh.
Nitro
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Nitro
Chris,

That's a very honorable thing to do from you. From the many posts I've read from you here on the Café, you seem that kind of person. I always bow to that.
Back on topic, I discussed this age issue in many other occasions and even in private with other magicians. I cannot applaud bashing others work. I have some effects on my own and that's why I'll probably never release them. We, magicians can sometimes have a big ego, therefore we forget to make constructive crictizism. That's the only way to improve and develop magic. I think there's a huge lack of respect for our brotherhood. That's why magic still didn't achieved "that" respect by some audiences. We have to learn to respect our "brothers" and learn with each other. Winona rider was caught robbing a shop, will you stop watching her movies?
I honestly think he has a great potential. I recall the first time I saw trespass on youtube I just taught "wtf"? I'm not easely fooled. I'm not saying if it's good or bad , I'm just saying let's give him a try to show us what he got. There's a a lot of junk on the market, that's true. But let's hold on the horses, wait and see the reviews of this, withouth starting to make assumptions and bashing him just because of "his attitude". What attitude? WE don't even know him!

Best,

Jay