The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: the best of jay sankey video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
wu tang
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC Canada
54 Posts

Profile of wu tang
i was wondering which of the best of jay sankey video is the 'best'
i like more card stuff
EvanAndrews
View Profile
Regular user
California
128 Posts

Profile of EvanAndrews
I think that the first on eis the best. These are probably my favorite DVD's of all time. The material rocks! The fist has a lot of card stuff on it.
????.....Yeah
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1882 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
None of them. All his videos are mostly total junk!
Ivan Hamaric
View Profile
New user
Croatia
94 Posts

Profile of Ivan Hamaric
Quote:
On 2003-02-03 02:25, korttihai_82 wrote:
None of them. All his videos are mostly total junk!

What makes you think that?
"Doubtless the pleasure is as great
Of being cheated, as to cheat..."

Samuel "Hudibras" Butler (1612-1680)
magicadam
View Profile
New user
London, Uk
25 Posts

Profile of magicadam
I would have to agree with korttihai_82.

Admittingly this guy isn't my style, but really don't like his material.

I saw him perform 'paperclipped', and thought the method was was ridiculously obvious. Anyone else think this?
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I don't think "paperclipped" would be ridiculously obvious to laymen, but there are much better folded card to impossible location effects out there.
tricky54
View Profile
New user
ohio
50 Posts

Profile of tricky54
the jay sankey secret files are amazing imean if the tricks were that bad why would he keep them to himself for the last 15 years. i cant wait to see him may.
Smile
TrIcKy54
Jasonm921
View Profile
New user
NYC
86 Posts

Profile of Jasonm921
I think his stuff is rather interesting.......The style in which he performs could be a tad annoying sometimes but it fits him and he uses it for misdirection so more power to him. Smile
Evan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Evan
Quote:
On 2003-03-08 19:08, Larry D. wrote:
I don't think "paperclipped" would be ridiculously obvious to laymen, but there are much better folded card to impossible location effects out there.

I just started performing paperclipped and nobody has caught me yet ... or even been close. I did it at my friend's grandpa's birthday party and he almost had a heart attack Smile . Also I was just about surrounded and it still worked great. I did probably 20 tricks to the people there and they said it was my best trick (of the non-gimmicked ones I had). The only trick that they liked better was invisible deck and pen through dollar. I think they liked it because they were all 100% Italian and after I ripped the pen out of the dollar, I crumpled it into a ball and sprayed some of the grandpa's "windex" all over the bill. Smile Then I unfolded it and it didn't have a hole in it. Well everybody was saying "how did he do that"... the grandpa was saying "I told you that stuff works." Smile

All I'm saying is that in a trick like paperclipped, your performence makes the difference between astonishing and ...in a word...horrible.

Evan
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Great card tricks go for 'The Secrets Files of Jay Sankey'

Vol 1 mixture of card magic and impromtu stuff.

Vol 2 contains more into cards and great works.

Symmatrix
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic