The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Party animal dvd - short review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Profile of Daren
Reason for a short review is that I want to get back to this great dvd asap, this is brilliant, I was one of the lucky 15 that managed to get hold of an advanced copy of this dvd and boy was I glad I did

This is a very commercial magic dvd with great card effects, my fav routines from this set is

shrinkage - absolutely brilliant and matthew shares with you a few variations, I particularly like the stickman variation, very visual routine, will be learning this one for sure

x marks the spot- this is basically red hot mamma, but the presentation is really good, even though I knew this effect and have been performing red hot mamma for years, I am switching over to this version, yes it is that good

mst - a very quick visual transposition of a signature on a indifferent card to the one they chose, very good

cards to pocket - man he got me with this one, especially the deck vanish, I had to rewind to see the move and trust me you will be fooled by this

sole selection - a very quick two card revelation but not what you think, the ending got me again, argh!!!!!!! very good

there is a bunch of other stuff on here, like card out of wallet, time machine and various moves and variations etc, this is one of my best buys this year, right then back to the dvd player to watch again

buy this from http://www.alakazam.co.uk

very highly recommended
Craig Kyle
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Craig Kyle
This sounds nice and amazing. Is it suitable for intermediate card handler?

I like Michael J fox and Michael j ficth so I am hoping to like Mathew j Dowden.

I may well pick this up? Did anybody else get it...any thoughts to help me make my mind up.
Superior Magic
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Superior Magic
I'm reserving judgement on this one.

I'll wait for some reviews before I splash some hard earned on this product.
Kip Stevens
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Kip Stevens
Did someone say PARTY ANIMAL!!!!!!

I gotta get this. I'll buy, try and hope I don't cry!!!

Be back soon with some Kip style commentary on what is BOUND to be the party DVD of the year.

Time to get ma sparkly shirt on and throw some shapes on the dancefloor. Let's paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarty!!!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I saw the online demo and wasn't impressed. It seemed like a lot of dull effects. I do appreciate it was shot "live", however.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Marcus001
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Marcus001
Christopher

I don't believe you'll be disappointed if you decide to make the purchase. I received a pre-release copy yesterday and consider it very good value. As it was shot 'live' you can clearly see the evidence of astonishment and begin to appreciate that these are far from dull effects. Admittedly, my decision to buy was partly influenced by direct experience of seeing Matthew perfom at a glitzy function I was a guest at a couple of years ago. He delivered the goods: powerful and richly entertaining magic.

The dvd is well produced and the teaching is at a measured pace. Additionally, you get some nice little touches and subtleties. One of my favourites was a nice touch on the add on move (aka James Ellis loading move)that many of us use in our ACRs - this is the last word on convincers.
I am sorry and frustrated that I don't have the time to give you a more substatial review Christoper, but no doubt over the next few hours they'll start flooding in as it goes on general release.

Anyway, good luck in magic.

Marcus
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi guys,

The wait is finally over and the hottest DVD of the year is now available! Party Animal - starring Matthew J. Dowden is a two-disc set, jam-packed with powerful, commercial material that you WILL use! Shot live on location, there are no fake reactions or setups on this DVD! See Matthew perform all the material LIVE then join him in the studio where he takes you step-by-step through all the work, moves and subtleties that make up each routine! See the video demo on our website and order today for just £27.99!

It is also available through Alakazam USA and will be available worldwide from your favourite Magic dealer within the next few days.

Kind regards.

Peter Nardi.

http://www.alakazam.co.uk
http://www.alakazam-usa.com
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Dull effects????????????
think you watched the wrong demo!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Yeah, I do too. I'm kind of surprised you didn't like the demo, Christopher. I found it to be very entertaining. And the card to pocket really fooled me.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'll watch it again since you guys think so much of it. Cameron, maybe you can PM me and tell me what you thought was so great about it.

Tahnks!!!!

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Profile of Daren
Kavanagh, are you a true worker?

these are very commercial effects which do not bore the spectators, the effects are very quick and visual and this is one of my top dvd's so far.

highly recommended
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-05-05 05:42, Daren wrote:
Kavanagh, are you a true worker?

Yes, I'm a Social Worker.

TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Just wanted to jump in and give my views.......I was lucky enough to receive this last week and I have to say I was looking forward toit after hearing Peter at Alakazam talk so highly of this.

Well I watched it and realised after seeing the first 2 effects on the DVD it is well worth it, this is THE GREATEST dvd. the main reason is that the effects on it are REAL workers. 4 effects have already gone right into my walk around act.

The performances are not helped that much by the audience, there are some bad audience members on this (the four guys round the table) however the effects are powerful enough to survive!

It is nice to have a DVD that is shot in a real life situation.

the explanations are top draw loving the 'Windmill' move

Anyway, I love this dvd as you can probably tell and would recommend aany 'Real worker' to get this

Very well produced!!
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Hmmmmmmm, I like the first one too, although the windmill is a bit tough for my fingers so will stick with a quick off beat top change for now
I love just watching the performances for entertainment!
I know what you mean about some of the spectators, but its great to see how matthew's experience helps him work his way through any hiccups!
I also love the amount of walkaround effects on here, especially the waltz!
cheers again for sharing it all with us matthew Smile
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Didn't Simon Lovell have a tape with this title already? Just curious.
Brian
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-05-05 19:19, Brian Proctor wrote:
Didn't Simon Lovell have a tape with this title already? Just curious.
Brian

Simon did have one with that title. It was ghastly.

Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Hey Chris, I always like how people with under 20 posts are always the "lucky ones" who get a "early copy". I to think the effects shown are not impressive. And yes I am a worker, and yes I get paid well doing it, and yes ooops to many yes's. Another dvd being hyped by members with under 20 posts lol. Hey, when is Stone coming out with his dvd, that sucker is going to kill.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Profile of Daren
Irish ghost, how can you judge how good the dvd is just by watching the demo? You will be making a big mistake by not buying this dvd mate, I have already added 5 effects from this dvd straight to my working act, and will be trying some of the effects out today

How can you say the dvd is being hyped by members with less than 20 posts, I have avoer 550, hmmmmm, maybe you need glasses? maybe that's why you are not seeing what everyone else is seeing on the demo, lol!
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I have over 400 posts!
I also got an email last like many others, from alakazam and peter nardi,
it said they had 15 extra copies that would go out to first come first served....
its true
a few early ones went out, and its true its a great dvd
if you don't like the demo, don't buy it.... and find another thread to !@#$% about
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
350 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Just want to add my comments - a fabulous DVD. Matthew is a superbly entertaining performer - just look at the reactions of the spectators - and to share some of his working material makes this a very special DVD set.

This really is a no-brainer.....if you perform close up magic commercially, you need these DVDs.

Congratulations to everyone concerned with the production, and especially to Matthew - one of the very best DVDs produced in recent years.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com