The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: David Williamson - FULL LECTURE DVD (by Int'l Magic)??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1265 Posts

Profile of Salby
I was wondering what are the 4 effects included with this DVD and is it worth the price.

I (as many do) love his humor and magic, but for 4 tricks for $10-15 more than his other DVD's that have more effects in them, is this DVD worth the price of $40-45??

Any thoughts from people who have it????
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Is there a Link? I just completed my first 3. I would love to get this.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1265 Posts

Profile of Salby
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
If it is like his supposedly racoon lecture don't waste your money.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5485 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
This is a terrific DVD, and unless you read the description carefully it can seem a bit misleading. The disc has four effects from Williamson's Wonders, but not only four effects in total.

Here's what you get...

1. Spoon Bending
2. Knife Through Napkin
3. Torn & Restored Card
4. Signed Card To Pocket
5. Coin Production
6. Bare Hand Matrix
7. Cigarette Through Coin
8. Rope & Ring Routine
9. Interlaced Vanish
10. Cincinatti Prediction
11. Fortune Telling Fish
12. Cups & Balls
(not to mention, plenty of the Dave humor you love and look forward to).

I'm a huge fan and really feel that this DVD is worth more than what I paid for it.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1265 Posts

Profile of Salby
Seems that most of this material is found on either his other 3 DVD's and/or his Williamson's Wonders book.
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
252 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
I own all of David's 3 other Dvds and Williamson's Wonders, and this Lecture Dvd. The lecture dvd was the last of David's material that I purchased. Sure, there is overlap...but I don't regret the purchase. It's a pleasure to watch him perform.

If you already own everything of David's and are looking for new material from him, then save your money. But, if you're like me and enjoy watching that man perform and enjoy learning from any extra additional little insights that may be found in the different sources of his magic, then it's a good purchase.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5485 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Matt,
I completely agree with you. The only other material available (not including the Rocky material, which holds little interest for me) would be the DVD he sells at his lectures, "Dave's Magical Mysteries Revealed - The Award Winning Magic of David Williamson." To dismiss this lecture DVD simply as "material found on either his other 3 DVD's and/or his Williamson's Wonders book" seems naive to me.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I have to agree as well. Is all his little bits and Jokes the same? I would love to get it even if it was to just hear different patter. The man is Hilarious.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Another agreement. I have all of Dave's DVDs and I absolutely love the Lecture DVD. Get it. You wont regret it.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1700 Posts

Profile of Futureal
This was disapointing. It was put out about 15 years ago and the picture quality is terrible.

Just buy the three DVD's that he put out himself - Sleight of Dave, Dave 2 and Magic Farm. I think there is one trick that you'll miss out on, it's a selected card to Fortune Telling Fish packet, from memory that's it.
Michael T
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Michael T
If you can get over the fact the picture quality and camera work are terrible then this is the best Williamson DVD in terms of having all his classic tricks in one place.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Hmmm, difficult choice . . . . thanks for the information
Cards never lie