The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: World's Greatest Magic - Ring on Rope and Finger Ring Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
docmagik
View Profile
Regular user
San Bernardino, CA
119 Posts

Profile of docmagik
I picked up Finger Ring Magic yesterday, and while I enjoyed it immensely, I can't imagine also needing to buy the "Ring on Rope" DVD, since a lot of these effects were basically ring on rope.

Has anybody seen both that can comment? What's Ring On Rope offer that Finger Ring Magic doesn't?
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
As strange as it might sound, the size of the ring really does effect the moves you can do.

My ring on rope routine is completely different to my finger-ring and string routine.
At the start of practicing, I wanted to use the same moves because I thought it was easier, unfortunately this wasn't possible. You simply cannot use the same moves for both routines.

Its also worth buying the other DVD, as it a very good trick and it goes into great detail regarding the other various methods not discussed on the other DVD.

Steve
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
The Finger Ring Magic video is all closeup, while the Ring of Rope routines generally use a ring from a linking ring set. Both have some very good information on them.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Yep...totally different magic and moves. It's apples and oranges. Not the same stuff at all.

Mark.
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
A finger ring can be concealed in your hand... that's a huge advantage it has over the larger rings, and there are moves that take advantage of this. Similarly, the larger ring has a gap that allows your fingers to go through... that's a huge advantage it has over the finger rings, and there are moves that take advantage of this as well.

Often, the ultimate principle (threading and unthreading the ring) is similar, but the mechanics for going about it are very different, due to handling.
The Jester Extraordinaire : bderland.com
Ye Olde Magick Blogge : erlandish.blogspot.com
docmagik
View Profile
Regular user
San Bernardino, CA
119 Posts

Profile of docmagik
Thanks, folks. That's a great clarification. You are all awesome.