The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Best DVDs of 2006 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Danik1
View Profile
Regular user
Saint-Eustache, Canada
184 Posts

Profile of Danik1
I got in a discussion with one of my friends on what was the best magic DVDs of 2006. We came to the conclusion that 2006 wasn't a great year in terms of GREAT DVDs. What do you think about the subject? What were your favorite DVDs of 2006?

Heres a couple I tought of:

1) Simon Aronson's serie - SESSIONS WITH SIMON -
2) Max Maven - NOTHING -
3) David Stone
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
David Stone
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10972 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
When rating a dvd what is your criteria material that's on the dvd
the quality of the dvd ect ect.....
david stones meets both of these for me
coin one was well produced but only one effect with gimmick and same effect without gimmick
cap trap one effect that is excellent ect,,
these were my favorites
Giacomo coin work excellent material but only for computer that weas the down side
but the material far outweighs quality and production
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21315 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I really enjoyed "Batman Begins".
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Shouldn't this be in the DVD section?

Anyhow, I agree with Peo and Vinny about Stones DVD. Entertaining and Informative. David Stone rocks! I didn't care for Mavens Nothing. I would actually rate it as one of the worst of the year.

BTW Batman Begins was shockingly good.
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
Girls Gone Wild 06...best vanishing tops and bottoms I ever seen....OOP!!!
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
726 Posts

Profile of Vogler
David Stone by far..A lesson for L&L publishing because they put less effects in 3 volumes..
close_uper
View Profile
New user
greece
17 Posts

Profile of close_uper
Always exists somebody dvd that will have something that it should we keep from there.who you believe however that they is best dvd from side of routines???

friendly
-Haris-
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2358 Posts

Profile of todsky
I quite liked the Royal Road to Card Magic DVDs.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
The problem with most DVDs being released is the fact that there is not very much "NEW" material. Most of the routines are personalized versions of sleights and effects that have already been known to the magic community.

I love to be fooled. That doesn't happen much anymore.

I will say that the quality of the DVDs are much better than they used to be. I love the fact that performances and explanations can be easily navigated to.

The best of 2006- I don't know. My favorite- "Still Fancy A Pot Of Jam?" by James Brown.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Josh Jays Dvds.

So much good stuff. Stuff to play with, stuff for friends, and stuff for workers.

I don't know what else was released last year (2006).

Maybe someone can list them?
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
It's all in the cards, was really good. And so was Dave Stones DvD and James Browns.
Pavlo
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
What about Simon Aronson Session with Simon ? One of the greatest thinker and creator in card magic !
Smile Smile Smile
Deluzion
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Deluzion
I Agree with Simon Aronson Session Dvds.
Deluzion
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2006-12-30 00:38, Dannydoyle wrote:
I really enjoyed "Batman Begins".

lol, I didn't. 2 is best by far Smile
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Mike Goeller
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Mike Goeller
Personel Favorites for 2006 DVD's:

Wayne Dobsons 1-3 and unclamped - you get to see a former TV star work and talk about his work.

Michael Vincents 1 & 2 - We have more then enough tricks, it's the attention to detail that makes a trick magic, that's what he brings. Plus he points back to the books where the good stuff is like stars of magic, Royal Road, expert card technique...

Slydini as I recall- Just great to see footage of Slydini work, also even though Celini is a little dry on the explantions, he knows the work and lays it out well.

David Stone's new one- A fun one to watch with practical advice and strong lay tested material... (thanks David for sending me one, had me laughing)
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Stone by far..A lesson for L&L publishing because they put less effects in 3 volumes

strange to say this but tis the truth...teh best selling dvd's are the one trick dvd's for $10 less....industry wide these out sell all of the compilation artist dvd's...i look for those to disappearin the near future...

the stone dvd is a really nice piece...entertaining...its a mix of magic and there is some good info on restaurant work on this set...i liked it
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17428 Posts

Profile of joseph
Which David Stone dvd are you talkin bout?... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
AlienMind
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
131 Posts

Profile of AlienMind
My 2006's favorites are:
James Brown "Still Fancy a Pot of Jam?"
John Archer "Educating Archer"

Pier
AlienMind
View Profile