The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: New DVDs by Shaun Robison (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
350 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Just seen these advertised. Anyone know this guy ? Would appreciate some background info to help me decide if it's the sort of material I would use.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Shaun did some wicked Okito Box routine work that fooled me pretty badly at the Buffalo get together. From what I understand he is a working pro in restaurants I believe. Other than that, not much info. Sorry.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
usg353d
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of usg353d
Never heard of him.
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Hi Guys...(and girls)...
It is a pleasure to introduce myself. I have been a member of the Café' for several years although I don't post as much as I should.
The effects on the DVD's is material I have been using for the past 12 or so years working the restaurants and bars in upstate and central New York.

My full time job for the past 4 years is working at restaurnats, located in Albany, Utica, Syracuse and Rochester New York. Which is why I don't post as much as I should. I am working 5 nights a week and love every minute of it.
The effects on the DVD's are all real-time, audience tested material. As Mike Close would call WORKERS

I don't want to toot my own horn but some of my magic has been published in MAGIC magazine as well as THE MAGIC MENU, and THE PRECURSOR. My art work and illustration work has been used by Harry Lorayne, LINKED FOR LIFE (by Andy Leviss),Jim Sisti, Richard Osterlind, Paul Cummins and Mike Gallo to name a few...

I hope you enjoy what I have been using to feed my family and if you have any question please PM me privately

I will be adding a full list of effects soon. Thank you for your interest

Shaun R.
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I love Rochester New York. The have a place called Nick Taho's and a dish called the garbage plate. It has everything on it. afte rthe bars close, you can't get a seat!

Shaun, where in Rochester do you perform?

Happy Holidays!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Chris,
I perform at a restaurant called Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse. Across from MCC

Nick Taho's is THE place to go after bar hopping. The place is just as dirty as you would expect but it is packed, I mean literally PACKED every weekend. Anyone coming to Rochester needs to visit at least once!!!

The garbage plate has all of your basic food groups.. Meat, Grease, Some sort of starch and More MEAT!!!!
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Shaun, you made me homesick!!!

Your DVD's sound awesome. Can folks order direct from you?

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Clark
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Clark
I'm not familiar with all of your work of course, but I am a card nut and just wanted to give a big nod to your effect "Four What." I found the effect in the fine book "Cyber Sessions" which was a collection of magic from Jason Alford's wonderful site "The Second Deal."

I have to say Shaun "Four What" is a true kick in the teeth to real people, it has been one of my favorite FASDIU tricks since reading the above mentioned book when it first was released. I've performed your trick in every situation imaginable for all sorts of people from all walks of life and it had NEVER failed to get a huge reaction. You placed a very simple handling together for maximum impact, thanks for sharing it in Cyber Sessions. I look very forward to seeing the rest of your work.

Clark
“The key to creativity is in knowing how to hide your sources.”
Albert Einstein
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
I have not seen the DVD's so cannot comment on them per se. However, I have gotten to know Shaun over the past few years and have enjoyed our conversations. He works tirelessly and is a very gregarious performer. While his style and mine are different, and we disagree on somethings, I can readily see that he has spent a lot of time in the trenches. In speaking with him, we discussed what these DVD's are and aren't. He seems to have a very practical and realistic grasp on what he is offering. He can correct me if I am wrong, but these are routines - some personalizations of classic plots - that he has honed over several years.

I have seen Shaun work in some challenging venues (loud, crowded, etc.) and his magic holds up just fine. His audiences (bar patrons out to laugh and have a good time) seemed to relate well to him and enjoy the time they spent together. In truth, I never really watched any of the tricks themselves. To me, tricks are far less important in judging a performer in this environment than his ability to approach a group, get their attention, and make them want to reward him for his time - either through a gratuity, a lead on a show, or simply coming back to see more.

Brad
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Yes the DVD's are available through me, They are not on my site yet but will be in a few days...
My paypal account is through magicbar@verizon.net $35.00 each or both for $65.00

CLARK... Thank you for your kinds words I am glad you are getting use out of that effect. I too do it all the time. Enjoy

BRAD... Thank you as well for your kind words. Some of the effects are older plots changed for all sorts of reasons and some effects are just plain different.
The KISS TRICK is an extremely strong effect that is very simple to do... Not everyone's style but for those who use it they will have a friend for life.
And anyone looking for Okito box magic they are gonna love The Invisible Coin Aces and the Boston Two Step..

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you at the Buffalo Get-Together

My Best
Shaun
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
tootall
View Profile
Regular user
Central FL
105 Posts

Profile of tootall
I found the trick 'four what' in an old lecture notes set of Geoff Latta's. Was this your trick or does yours go by the same name? Because it is bascially the same effect.
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
The genesis of my trick came from Geoff's notes. I just eliminated all the passes and "Four What" is what I came up with. I Thought I called it "What Four" but the name must have gotten "lost in translation"....

It was also published in Jason Alfordsbook Cyber-Sessions and got great responses.

I give Geoff the credit on the vids..

Shaun
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Only a few people in magic have really heard of Shaun Robinson! There is a simple reason for that...Shaun is extremely busy working in the real world!!! His material is tried and true having done it night after night after night for real people!!! I was there when Shaun Filmed these DVD's and let me tell you...every effect is a worker...no fillers, no fluff...I can't recommend these enough!!!

Mike
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
I am expecting these in the mail any day now, I can't wait. I love true "worker" tricks. I hate dvds that are just filled with filler material. These sound like the total opposite.
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Hey Everyone... I just wanted to say thank you for all of the responses to my DVD's. It seem's that, so far, everyone has been enjoying them. I hope you get a lot of good use out of them.

I do apologize for not adding Greg Wilson's name to the credit of the broken and restored wine glass. I did that take about 3 times and after the 2nd time I must have forgot to mention it.

Mike, Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed the effects too!

Just an FYI.... I went to one table last night (12/31/06) Performed And Yet Another 3 Coins to Glass, Spots-A-Poppin and ended with the Kiss Trick got a $30.00 tip from one table. I hope all who purchase these DVD's receive the same someday!!!

Have a great New Years
Shaun
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Proof that this stuff works..!!!!!

:bg:
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1710 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Shaun,Thank you for releasing your handle on the 'Aniversary waltz'. I've seen other versions which were a little 'clunky'.I like the fact that everything can be done without a table and...St.Valentine's day is coming up so..good timing!,Best,Mark
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Markymark...

Cheers mate! next time I get to your neck of the woods we can share a pint!!!

Shaun
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Just thought I would let you all know...

The page is up to purchase the DVD's on my web site..

I hope to see you there!!!
:bigsmile:

www.smokeandmirrorpro.com
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Shaun,
just tried to purchase the dvd's only the link for paypal is only adding
$5 not the $11 required for the overseas postage.

john.
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety