The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: 2WO FACED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
garethwitty
View Profile
New user
Windsor, England
89 Posts

Profile of garethwitty
2WO FACED
with David Forrest
A review by Gareth Witty

Price : 22.99 GBP

Format : DVD (with 20 Gaff Cards included)

Time : 2 Hours

From the ad:

Who says KILLER effects can’t be easy? 2WO FACED is crammed to bursting point with material that is both! With this collection of eleven ‘kick ass’ gaff card routines you’ll be shocking people in no time!

No matter what your skill level, you will find some real world ‘head melters’ on this DVD! From the eye boggling transposition of ‘QUANTUM LEAP’ to the triple climax of ‘SUPERFLY’ to the jawdrop conclusion of ‘PREDICAMENT’, every effect is a WORKER!
And, to cap it all off you receive ALL THE GAFFS NECESSARY TO PERFORM EVERY ROUTINE ON THE DVD FREE INSIDE. That’s TWENTY free gaff cards, all on Bicycle Playing Card stock!

CONTENTS:

JACKASS - A sucker-punch transpo between one of the Jacks and a selection!
CON-FUSED - Mind boggling transpositions culminate in two signed selections fusing together! THE WAGER - Gambler vs. Magician, but this time the gambler wins!
WEE WEE MENATLIST - A stick man reads the spectators mind...then proves he’s a magician too!
PREDICAMENT - Visually change a signed selection to match a failed prediction!
50/50 - The spectator can never seem to win in this game of psychological trickery!
BLURRED - An easy, practical, visual and magical colour changing deck!
SUPERFLY - Forget Copperfield and Blaine, the only magician you’ll ever need is Superfly! ELMSLEY SMELMSLEY - Selected cards appear as ‘marks’ on the backs of the Aces! QUANTUM LEAP - Visually ‘transport’ a selected card from one hand to the other!
WHERE'S MY CARD? - A selected card vanishes from the deck then it re-appears anywhere!
BONUS: ZE FLASH - Information appears on a blank card in a burst of flame!

I will go through all the effects with my comments.

ACKASS – This is a great effect and has a multi climax and allows for some great patter lines and jokes to be used. A great close-up effect to end any routine.
CON-FUSED – This is a version of a classic effect made easier with a gaff card. A great effect for weddings and engagement party's and can be given away!
THE WAGER – A great gambler v magician effect that looks like magic!
WEE WEE MENATLIST - A effect goes wrong only to be saved by a stick man mentalist! Very funny and great effect
PREDICAMENT – A very clever use of gaffs to create this effect!
50/50 – Simple but very effective effect, great for walk around!
BLURRED - An easy, practical, visual and magical colour changing deck!
SUPERFLY – When a effect goes wrong, Super Fly saves the day! A very funny and cute effect, but its very strong!
ELMSLEY SMELMSLEY – Two cards selected and then appear within a collection of Jacks! Very strong and a great finish! Nice one David
QUANTUM LEAP – Now this looks very good, a real crowd puller and will get gasps of amazement!
WHERE'S MY CARD? - Another easy to do classic!
ZE FLASH – If you like a bit a flame in your magic learn this one, its not a Uncle John card effect!
(note this bonus is hidden in the Credits Section of the DVD)

Also included is a bonus section that shows clips from other DVDs that David and Owen have created. Card through Window looks to be a good one!

Review:

Well it looks like Owen and David have done it again! A DVD with 12 killer effects that use gaff cards. This DVD is set to be a classic collection of effects that can be used in the REAL world. The video quality is very good and the teachings top notch.

All the effects here are quite easy to do, but thanks to the gaff cards a lot of the sleights are kept to a minimum and allow you to show some great magic. Each step of the effects is well taught by David in a well lit studio and with Owen there all is taught and shown to perfection (as well as a few laughs). The performance section is very well shot and will help with patter and angles.

The gaff cards are well made and you can get more from any magic shop. So you can perform the effects as much as you like. These are standard Double Backers, Double Facers, Blanks and Blank/Face cards.

David also goes through any sleights, but only quickly mind you. I would think as long as you have basic cards skills, that should cause no problems. If you have gone through “Born to Perform” by Oz Pearlman or any good card effect book like Royal Road to Card Magic, you should have the basics ready for this DVD.

Even with a simple effect like 50/50 the end result is very good and you can see that David has used these routines with great success. So there you go some fantastic effects that will fit into any card worker show. I rate this DVD very highly and would like to thank David and Owen for creating this great DVD. I wish more DVDs are like this and can see a great future for the guys.

Ok onto the negatives (if any!). I think a little more time could have been taken to explain how to get the gaff cards into and out of the effects. This has been touched during the explanations and information like this is gold dust. Also I would have loved to have seen this done in a real world setting, I think this would have shown the effects to be very strong, but like most DVDs of this nature that is a tiny niggle. I know creators cannot always shoot video in a real word setting and its does take time to do, but for the explanations section, this is not a real negative.

My rating 9.5/10! Buy this and you won't be disappointed.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Nice review. Wouldn't expexct anything less than top quality from David, though.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
This is going on my "must have" list today.
As soon as I find a new place to hide more DVD's from my wife.

Thanks for the Review

Later
PW
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Anyone know when this will be available in the US.

Thanks
PW

garethwitty
View Profile
New user
Windsor, England
89 Posts

Profile of garethwitty
Just Email the guys at BigBlindMedia I am sure Owen will quote you the price

use the contact@biglindmedia.com
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
272 Posts

Profile of ozman
Hey guys - murphys magic will be stocking TWO FACED anyday now, so I am sure the DVD will be available from all good US stores imminently!

hope you all dig it!

for further updates you can always join our mailing list... if you visit http://www.bigblindmedia.com and click on 'JOIN MAILING LIST' we'll send you a link to a FREE explanation from Dave Forrest's Trickery DVD!
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Thanks Ozman,

later

ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
272 Posts

Profile of ozman
Hi all!

2WO FACED should now be unleashed at all of your favourite purveyors of magic. (and if not you can ask them to order some from murphys magic supplies! ha!)

and if you visit http://www.bigblindmedia.com and sign up to the mailing list, we'll give you a video explanation for an unpublished Dave Forrest effect FREE!!
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Already orderd mine,
Can't wait to get it.

Thanks

professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
OK, I got it. GREAT STUFF!
Also the video production is First Class, very well done.

Good job guys!

Thanks

Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Thanks for the review

Andy
Cards never lie
garethwitty
View Profile
New user
Windsor, England
89 Posts

Profile of garethwitty
Anytime dude!

Its well worth it and is top of my DVD chart. It get watched more by me than my "Debbie does Dallas Uncut" DVD! Whoops! Too much info!!! Don't tell the wife!
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2286 Posts

Profile of Logan
I agree. This DVD is really awesome. Some solid routines, some dull ones but overall you'll enjoy this.

The only effect I didn't quite like was 50/50 as I felt it was pretty dull in comparison to routines like Jackass, Quantum Leap and Blurred Deck.

Ze Flash is really an awesome idea that also works with business cards!

Anyway, I'll leave it there, I recommend this DVD!

Take care,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
How about superfly. I just love that effect.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Old thread, I know, but I love this DVD and there are some effects which consistently get great reactions for me.
Blurred Deck is a great colour changing deck routine which I have modified to a walk around handling and added patter about marking the cards. Quantum Leap and Wee Wee Mentalist are two I regularly use. I have had people coming up to me months later who still have the mentalist card in their wallet!
Great quality effects, these three are my firm favourites though and the DVD is well worth the money for these alone. Real workers.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Awesome dvd I love it. You won''t de disappointed if you bought it.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Dave and I are friends but I can say without hesitation that this dvd is EXCELLENT. Full of great stuff. Everything is very well thought out and created for maximum impact.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
A few effects in this dvd are in my rotation lol.. Its a must have for gaffed cards