The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Randy Wakeman's Lake Tahoe Bar Magic DVD (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It says "Lake Tahoe Bar Magic is one of the few magic DVD sets ever produced that contains material of such high quality and intrinsic entertainment value that you can truly make a living from its contents".

The routines on it are:
DVD ONE:
Jinx Aces
Give Us This Day Our Daley Aces
Randy Revelation
Card Under Glass
Under a Simple Spell
Card To Wallet
Formula One Routine
Did You Get The Odd One?
Chicago Stab

DVD TWO:
Coins To Glass
$2 Bill Trick
21 Card Trick
RW Four Card Stunner
Spectator On Stage
Marlo's Bluff Ace Assembly
Mario's Six Card Repeat
Tri-Version
Visible Tosheroon
No Questions Asked
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Is this new? I have Randy Wakemans Chicago Bar Magic and it is great, super material. My only problem with it was how the live performance was shot but Randy and Simon Lovell wanted it to be as real and non-intrusive as possible. My comment was about Chicago not Tahoe.
Steve V
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Hi Steve. It looks new. I also enjoyed his Chicago Bar Magic video/DVD. I liked that it was shot in a real bar.

Randy's an Ed Marlo student and it shows in his technique and routining.

Chris

mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
This (LTBM) is a new DVD set that has just been released by Magic Makers, Inc.

Mark.
maxrod88
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of maxrod88
This is a new dvd set by Randy Wakeman.I just got it and its great.Anyone who likes Randy Wakeman or Ed Mmarlo Style magic would love these dvds.
max
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
On 2006-11-09 20:21, Steve V wrote:
Is this new? I have Randy Wakemans Chicago Bar Magic and it is great, super material.

Yes, Steve-- it is. I'm happy with it, and even Wesley James gave it a thumbs-up ... so now, I can die happy. :0).
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Nice! My goal is to get a thumbs up from Wes some day.
Steve V
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-11-11 16:37, RandyWakeman wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-11-09 20:21, Steve V wrote:
Is this new? I have Randy Wakemans Chicago Bar Magic and it is great, super material.

Yes, Steve-- it is. I'm happy with it, and even Wesley James gave it a thumbs-up ... so now, I can die happy. :0).

Randy, how come these where filmed in Lake Tahoe and not Chicago?

When will the DVD's be on your site?

Chris

RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Either I lost the bet, got on the wrong bus, or I'm directionally challenged?

Basically, it was easier for me to fly to the studio and film crew, than have them flown to me. I can put them on the site in a few moments; I'm just waiting until I have more than a dozen copies to offer.

It is mentioned now: http://randywakemanmagic.com/index.html
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Randy, for the card to wallet routine, do you use your Expert Cart to Wallet ( developed by Mike Powers I heard )? I'm sure folks that have that wallet would love to see it in action.

The Lake Tahoe Bar Magic DVD's are now on Randy's site:
http://randywakemanmagic.com

RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Thanks for pointing this out and showing us where to get it.

I, for one, am quite interested.

RevJohn
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Randy filmed the Chicago Bar Magic in New York then closed it with a fountain in Las Vegas, how can you not love that dude?
Steve V
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
On 2006-11-11 18:49, MagicChris wrote:
Randy, for the card to wallet routine, do you use your Expert Cart to Wallet ( developed by Mike Powers I heard )? I'm sure folks that have that wallet would love to see it in action.

Developed by Mike Powers? Was Mike wearing an Ed Balducci mask at the time? No, it is a Balducci (aka 'Kaps') style wallet, designed by me. Harrison Carroll, Simon Lovell, Paul Cummins, etc., etc., have been using it for years-- as have I. The only way to 'see it' in action is if I flash a palm, then cry like a baby, throw-up, etc. It can get ugly in a hurry. Not for the squeamish. Mike Powers owes me dinner, anyway, and not at some greasy LaPorte diner. It may be the only way that Maria ever gets another decent meal.

The routine on the twin-pack ("Lake Tahoe Bar Magic" via Chicago, NY, Las Vegas, and Kokomo, Indiana) uses a modified Mullica wallet. I think it looks like Red Skelton if you hold it against the light just right.

There is enough there, on two DVD's, to keep most folks busy for a long while. It's the material I use most often. Besides, it is taught by the man who shook the hand of the man who fooled Houdini, and who also shook the the hand of "Magic Greatest Teacher" as well. Who can forget Harvey Lorayne. I love that guy-- . Heck, I think Harry Lorayne looks more like Regis Philbin than Regis Philbin does.

As far as 1999's debut of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," Harry Lorayne asked that question a LONG time before Regis did. Darn Philbin-- just another Harry Lorayne wannabe. It should be "Live with Harry & Kathie & Kelly," or something like that.

And, to think last time I asked to borrow a lousy twenty bucks from Harry until a week from Tuesday, he said no. Called me a "magic square" or something like that-- it seemed he was afraid I'd squander it on food or shelter or other frivolous nonsense.

Yep, we can land a man on the moon, but we can't land a man on Rosie O'Donnell. We sure can't get twenty bucks out of Harry Lorayne, either. Had to tell my doctor the cancer operation would have to wait. Anybody who thinks Max Maven is scary when he says "Boo!" has never asked Harry Lorayne for money. It is not for the timid or faint-hearted, I'll tell you that. Any mortal will run screaming to the bathroom and perform the 'Ultra-Move' one way, or another.

But, yes, the Lake Tahoe DVD set is available now. Steve Brooks is supposed to review the thing, too-- or, get me that "Magic Café Coffee Mug." I'll probably have better luck getting that twenty out of Harry. :0). Just the thought of the entire ordeal makes my knees a bit damp.

That's all the nonsense I can spout on such short notice; normally I need a little more time. I still think Regis hasn't quite made it-- sure looks to me like he is still renting sweaters from Harry Lorayne.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm not sure what happened here, but it looks like Harry Lorayne taught Randy a thing or two about throwing back some cold ones prior to logging in and posting on the Café;-)

Randy, just for that rant I'd buy the DVD's!!!!

One a side note, this Halloween I spent two hours talking to Ed Balducci about his levitation, force, etc. and all the time it was Mike Powers wearing a mask. Who'd a thunk it?

Chris

Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Randy,

Nice to see you using some of my material in your postings (don't worry I'll add the money owed onto your bar tab at Madam Frisky's Home of Beer and Rabid Hamsters Bar!).

Seriously folks these DVD's are really very good indeed. You could easily make a ***ed good living using just the material on them. In fact Randy does! He's really spilled the beans on what he considers to be some of the strongest commercial magic he knows. Kudos to the great golden iguana of amusement!

I recommend them highly to anybody who works for real people.

Simon
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
I recommend them highly to anybody who works for real people.

Simon

Why limit yourself like that? Heck, that stuff works devastatingly well for imaginary people, small animals, stuffed crows, and shark puppets. Such is the true power of the close-up magic experience.
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
How about large furry animals?

Simon
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Please put me down for two-- female, of course.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Randy, the video clips on your website for the DVD's is not working.

Chris

RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Hi Chris,

Nothing around here works-- I'm afraid to go to the bathroom.

The website needs attention, and has been neglected for too long. This time of year pulls in a lot of different directions like it does for a lot of folks. Thanks for pointing it up; I'll revamp things when I can.