The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Magic Under Fire - Harry Robson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
350 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Thought I'd just mention this new DVD from RSVP in the UK (producers of the Martin Sanderson DVDs and many others). I must say I am REALLY impressed. Harry Robson has a wonderful, fun personality and AT LAST someone has taken the courage to show close up being performed in real life conditions – where spectators do not always act as expected, conditions, visibility etc are not always perfect. I’m also very impressed with the routines performed and explained – perhaps not exactly cutting edge sleight of hand, nevertheless they are very strong, commercial items and I look forward to studying them in more detail and adding some to my existing repertoire.

I also loved the stories he tells of things not going quite right – I thought I was the only one that those kind of things happened to !!!!.

An excellent DVD - one of the first to show close up under real life conditions - and I would give it my highest reccomendation.

David Hawkins

http://www.david-hawkins.co.uk
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Silvert0ne
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Silvert0ne
Hi David,
Could you give a link to where I could check this out? Also, can you give your thoughts on some of the individual effects on the DVD?

Thanks!
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hi SilvertOne,

You can find more out about the dvd by visiting our website. I'm glad that you enjoyed the DVD David.

Best,
Russ
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
863 Posts

Profile of magico
Any reviews yet?
Baggins
View Profile
Regular user
london
148 Posts

Profile of Baggins
I will buy this to watch Harry Robson. He is the total package
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
702 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
I just received my DVD in the mail yesterday. Here's my pros & cons:

Pros - I really enjoyed listening to Harry's real life stories & watching some of the "not so nice" spectators. Video production was top notch. My 2 favorite effects were Torn & Restored Card. I also liked Yesterday's Dream, but not sure if this would be appropiate for walkaround, as you need to carry around these 2 extra items (for the one trick) and there's a reset involved too.

Cons - Althought the video production was nice, I found the sound effects between the chapters TOO loud and very annoying. Also, there was nothing really ground breaking in the way of material. I was hoping to find a fresh spin on some of the effects I already perform (Pen Thru Bill, Brainwave, Card to Wallet, Card Transposition, the Long Card), but it failed to deliver.

Harry has a very pleasant personality and is the type of magician I'd hire for a corporate event. He has great people skills and was very interesting to listen to.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
362 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
I get to see harry perform professionally during the Blackpool magic convention once a year and this is a real education.
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
Harry is being a real working pro and if you are being serious about performing in a real world then you will have a lot of information from this DVD.

He is doing material for years and has been knowing what is working bestest.

It is a worth to buy at the price is very low.
Think not what magic can do for you, but what you can do for magic.
philip tilston
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of philip tilston
Juan,

I completely agree with you. For people who want the latest thing, this may not be the DVD for them. For those that are interested in what works, this DVD will be invaluable.

It is nice to see a DVD shot with a real audience in a real environment. I think that the audience was intimidated by the cameras though - having tried some of these effects the impact is even stronger than the DVD shows.
Phil
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Shane wrote a review. Check this out http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0612underfire.html
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
I am a childrens entertainer at the moment, But I am putting a list together for some Adult close up work. is there such a dvd that gives advise on starting in close up. Has anyone got this ?Harry Robson Corporate Close Up 2 - Vol.1