The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: "Who's Afraid of the Invisible Thread?" by LeClair...Your thoughts? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
I did an intense search for a review on Jon LeClair's "Who's Afraid of the IT?" dvd, but found none. I'm really getting into the idea of floating objects and have a general "skill" but I'm looking for new versions and variations to make my act more convincing (all I have is Hummer card). Is this something for me? What did you think of the DVD?

Thanks!
~joeKing
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
I have the VHS. I thought it was well produced. The effects on there are great. The Leclair hookup is awesome as well. I got free invisible thread and putty with my VHS. I don't know if they are still doing that with the DVD's or not. If you are interested in learning thread stuff, then this is for you.

Luke
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Good stuff on thread work for beginners.
Myself, Danny Garcia, and Nate Kranzo have a DVD coming out in january that is devoted to LOOPS...going to be quite the project!
JM
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-08-23 12:21, jussy wrote:
Good stuff on thread work for beginners.
Myself, Danny Garcia, and Nate Kranzo have a DVD coming out in january that is devoted to LOOPS...going to be quite the project!
JM

With that talented line up, I'm sold!!!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
It is a good DVD.
It came with thread and putty when I bought it too.
If you are new to thread work, this is a very good introduction.
Another more complete DVD set is Michael Ammar's 3 DVD set on IT.
magicjack1977
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
213 Posts

Profile of magicjack1977
It's an AWESOME dvd IMO!! Leclair is a master showman with IT, and his handling of the animated (haunted) deck is amazing. Plus he teaches many facets of the uses of IT including hook-up, dealing with breaks, etc. It's a very thorough DVD and the only IT teaching DVD that anyone would ever need.
kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
369 Posts

Profile of kamus
His book by the same title is also excellent.
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17429 Posts

Profile of joseph
He covers everything on the tape well....His teaching style is cool....and includes lots of actual restaurant performances....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Awesome work on I.T - The hookup is the best I have tried and the effects possible are great, you could do a whole walk around set with just this hookup, a deck of cards and some borrowed objects. Highly recommended.
Tony Chapparo
Ryan Matney
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Ryan Matney
In my opinion, Leclair's work with thread is the most practical and commercial. You can't go wrong buying the dvd or book if it is still in print.
www.pocket-tricks.com
The Close-Up Magic Shop
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2006-08-23 12:21, jussy wrote:

Quote:
On 2006-08-23 21:41, MagicChris wrote:
With that talented line up, I'm sold!!!!

Looking forward to it's release! Shall wait - Eagerly!!!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Lookinf forward for your new dvd Justin especially if it deals with loops!

@topic: LeClair's video is awsome. You cannot go wrong with that. If you get this and in addition Ammars 3 volumes you have all you need.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Wow, I am very interested in the loop DVD too.
There seems to be no other DVD that focuses entirely on loops.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2006-09-06 10:29, Phil C wrote:
There seems to be no other DVD that focuses entirely on loops.

And so I eagerly await the release of the DVD.

Also I look forward to a day when some one would come up with a DVD(s) purely focused on various types of Wallets and another on various HoldOuts.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
SoundWave
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of SoundWave
I have the VHS. I am looking forward to the loop DVD.
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Just wondering, if one has the Ammar DVD series on Thread work, is the LeClair DVD still a valuable purchase? I'm new to this, so just looking for direction. I figure if Ammar covers everything Jon does, then I only need Ammar's set.

I'm also wondering, does anyone know if the LOOPS dvd project from Justin, Nathan and Daniel is still in the works? I've just read the sad news that Justin is leaving magic, so didn't know the situation on this new LOOPS DVD.

I'm ALL ears for any advice, suggestions, tips on IT work.

Regards...smitty
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
516 Posts

Profile of ekins
There's another topic where they've been discussing various DVD's on invisible thread. The discussion has primarily been about the LeClair and Ammar DVD's

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111

-Brian
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Thanks Brian. Seems as though Jon's DVD is worth having in my library as a resource.

I'll get it ordered this week.

smitty
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
I have the book and the VHS tape by Jon LeClair. I also have Michael Ammar's DVD series on IT work. I have in my personal library at least 15 different videos or DVDs solely referencing IT or loops.

Eventually you will find a method that you will feel most comfortable with. It will probably not be exactly like what anyone else is doing. My work in the trenches is at Restaurants. I have redundant hook-ups and outs for any of my IT routines.

Jon LeClair's tape or DVD will give you GREAT ideas to add to your IT knowledge.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Echomagic

PM coming Right now.