The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Review: McDonald's Aces DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hi Everyone.
I just purchased this DVD a few days ago, and it's just amazing. Simple as that. No words can describe the greatness of this trick. The DVD is produced by Fun Inc., and the trick is taught by a personal favourite magician of mine, Tomas Medina. Tomas is a great magician and a great teacher as well. His teaching style is very easy to understand, and follow. He's also got a nice sense of humour.
The effect is simple. The four aces are removed from the pack and set on the table. Twelve indifferent cards are then removed, three of them placed on top of each ace. A spectator selects one of the four card packets and holds on to it for safekeeping.
Then the magic happens. One by one the other three aces mysteriously, magically, and visually vanish. Of course, when the spectator examines the cards in their possession, they discover that they are none other than the four aces! As if bearing witness to trick photography, your spectators will swear the aces are melting away before their eyes! Seriously! Quite honestly, that's what it looks like when you perform the effect. It's one of those effects that just puts you in a "wow" mode, and just amazes you, the magician, when you perform it. The effect is very easy to do, and requires very little practice. There are, however, a few versions taught on the DVD, there's easy routines, and advanced ones too. Throughout the routines, you will also be taught a few great techniques, also which are essential for good card magic. Some of those techniques are, the Elmsley Count, which is a VERY important one to learn, the Asher Twist by Lee Asher, Steve Draun's Midnight Shift, Through the fist Flourish by Dai Vernon, the Olram Subtlety by Ed Marlo (my favourite magician), and the pop out move. All these great techniques are in my opinion, GREAT additions to this trick, and the DVD. It's a steal. Not only you get the DVD, and the cards, you also get to learn more techniques suitable for this routine and others as well.
The DVD is very well produced. The quality is nothing to complain about. It's a DVD, just like any other good DVDs you buy. The DVD is almost an hour long. You will learn plenty of material from this DVD. Don't skip this buy. Not only because the main trick taught here is arguably the greatest card trick in the world, but the additional techniques, as I've said, are great additions to learn in general.
Overall: 10/10

All the best,
Michael
gandolf
View Profile
Loyal user
Hillsborough,NC
236 Posts

Profile of gandolf
Thank you for a well thought out review Michael. What is the cost of the DVD?
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hi gandolf, I'm from Toronto, Canada, so the DVD cost $21.00 CDN for me.
All the best,

Michael