The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Review of Silver Dream (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1890 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Heres what I thought:
teaching:Justin is a great teacher and he divides the effect parts which he stresses on technique.he teaches two sleeving techniques that gets rid of the usual wrist movement and are great as stand alone vanishes.5/5
effect taught:what you get is something worth more than only $30,what you get is three complete coin vanishes which you are clean after each vanish.5/5(if not 20 times that)
quality:like most ellusionist DVDs its very simple to navigate and its production value is great quality.5/5
comments:i got to see Justin perform this and it looks absolutly like real magic.this is a very tough effect to master and it will take weeks of practice.all and all I loved the DVD and the routine itself.overall I think everyone could benifits from learning the complete sleight of hand version of the routine.this is a incredible DVD!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Wow,
Thank you so much.
Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with Silver Dream.
JM
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1890 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I shure have!
freddypunns
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of freddypunns
What an amazing routine and a well produced DVD. Justin does a good job of making sure you hang in there through the tough times...

- FP
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I recently purchased Silver dream and I thank Justin Miller for his excellent teaching abilities. Although this is something that takes some practicing and some patience, it is well worth learning. I didn't quite understand why Justin would make a false transfer and then sleeve instead of sleeving while in motion to transfer, but it takes nothing away from the effect. I learned plenty about sleeving in my younger years and became very good at it. However, as a young teen I had a problem with walking into a store and walking out with items in my sleeve. Items I never paid for. When I bought Silver Dream, I was glad to see that the method relied somewhat on sleeving techniques. This made it much easier for me. Although my shoplifting days are over, I still love sleeving. When it's done right, no one ever expects it. Put in a good performance and people think you're performing real magic. Even if you don't like Justin's routine, you can use the knowledge that he shares to build your own coin routine.

If you read this Justin, please let me know why when you are so good at sleeving that you didn't take full advantage of it in Silver Dream.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Here's the talented Mr. Miller's gifted hands performing "Silver Dream" with silver dollars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x21dzSWmPU&feature=related
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Thank God he stuck with half dollars on the DVD.(lol) He makes it look so natural. Even I, knowing how he does it, am amazed on how clean he makes it look. Silver Dollars would be more difficult to use, but Justin makes it look so smooth. Poetry in motion!
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
That video was put on the internet like 2-3 yrs before I filmed SD the DVD. I wanted to really show other peeps who thought using half's was not big enough to see, that you could do it with Silver Dollars.
Thank you guys so much for using my material SD brought me from underground to overground.
JM