The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Gazzo DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1890 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Does anyoneknow when these collection of DVDs will be released?i really cant wait to get some of this collection and learn from a great close-up master.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Good question. Someone at Penguin posted that they are currently filming with Gazzo, so it may be a while. Hopefully very soon.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
These DVD's will rock. Gazzo is a Master and is sharing his knowledge!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5474 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Hey chris...chek out the tong clips and let me know what you think?
koz
erdnase101
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of erdnase101
Sorry to break the stream of respect for Gazzo, but does anyone find him annoying or is it just me? Yes, I admire him for his skills and presentation. But doesn't his arrogant-english-man persona get to you sometimes?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5474 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Gazzo is brillant...i'm a full time street performer and I can tell you that getting people to stay and wtch a magic show and then getting them to pay is very difficult magic is just for chidren...gazzo is the best...better than all of them...well except me KIDDING...hes hillerious and a friend...no, hes just funny
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1890 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I agree,for all of those interested heres a video link of the master himself: http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1419 .hope you enjoy!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-07-27 05:14, erdnase101 wrote:
Sorry to break the stream of respect for Gazzo, but does anyone find him annoying or is it just me? Yes, I admire him for his skills and presentation. But doesn't his arrogant-english-man persona get to you sometimes?

That his character and it works for him. Privately, he's quite a soft spoken, respectful chap.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
sammhoudini
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of sammhoudini
Quote:
On 2006-07-27 13:45, magician 336 wrote:
I agree,for all of those interested heres a video link of the master himself: http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1419 .hope you enjoy!

We had a blast making this video..Gazzo is the greatest! The video was originally shot in high-def and will feature wide screen playback. It's three hours long!

The Gazzo DVD will be available to order in just a few minutes, but wait for a bit as we're going to announce a special Gazzo Promotion within the next 24 hours.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1890 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Great!
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Does anyone know what Gazzo will be putting out on the DVD? Gazzo knows how to work the street crowds and while not for everyone, and certainly not everyone can get away with what he does, he is, along with Cellini, the masters of the artform.
Steve V
doiron
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of doiron
Gazzo is really a very nice guy. As mentioned above, his stage persona isn't much like the real thing. Mind you, twenty years ago he was a little less "sweet".

I guess we all mature.
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
I've been to a Gazzo lecture and he was great...very funny. His performing manner can be brusque, but remember he works the streets and crowd control is his specialty.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Here in the US you can almost get away with murder if you have a good Brit accent (if you are a celeb you can really get away with murder!). An American in the US wouldn't get away with Gazzos act unless they were perceived as joking, then again you shouldn't attempt his act at all but develope one.
Steve V
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2006-07-27 20:53, sammhoudini wrote:
The Gazzo DVD will be available to order in just a few minutes, but wait for a bit as we're going to announce a special Gazzo Promotion within the next 24 hours.

Dammit! Here we go again. I have to spend more $$$.

There's no way that I'm not buying a Gazzo DVD.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2006-07-28 18:18, Steve V wrote:
"...Here in the US you can almost get away with murder if you have a good Brit accent...."

That's long been part of my secret to getting a "yes" when approaching spectators cold, as I explain on my DVDs. I've found that Americans find a British accent charming.

Re. Gazzo, based on what I witnessed in his lecture, my bet is that he excels in the real world.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2006-07-27 20:53, sammhoudini wrote:

Still no promo?
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1890 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I noticed that,too.whats up?????
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Yeah, what is up? I mean, half of Penguin left for Sweden today for FISM and there may have been loading issues onto the web site, but that almost never happens! We demand answers!!
Steve V
swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
I suppose the promotion only meant that you'd get the Gazzo Cups&Balls Book for free when preordering the DVD.