The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: True Astonishment , can we have an update? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dr Marvin
View Profile
New user
Florida
91 Posts

Profile of Dr Marvin
I was just wondering if we can be updated on some information on the True Astonishment dvds by Paul Harris?

Dr Marvin

June 5, 2006
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Paul Harris was diverted for about 6 or 7 months as he was lead creative consultant for David Blaine, went to NYC, and was very busy in his work for that. But now he's back. At this point I don't have the foggiest idea of when True Astonishment will be released but Paul has decided to change the format to make it happen sooner than later and to give a more manageable item for the end user. Basically what he is working on is releasing single trick DVDs each month... it would be 20 fantastic single trick DVDs each with 2 or 3 great bonus items, an interview with a major player in magic, interviews with Paul, etc. Each would retail for $20 and be loaded. This will allow people to get some fantastic material in doable bite size chunks, it will make the project a reality sooner than trying to put together a HUGE project as it was originally discussed, etc. I saw the basic lay out and went through a majority of the material with Paul recently and each one of these will be a true bargain based on what you are getting. As soon as I know more I'll post. Hope that helps.

Tim
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
So we should see vol one sometime in early 2008 then...

HOLD YOUR BREATH
kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
369 Posts

Profile of kamus
Sounds good Tim, but does this new format supercede the original projected series or just precede it?

TIA
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Quote:
On 2006-06-06 11:58, chichi711 wrote:
So we should see vol one sometime in early 2008 then...

Come on chichi, that's WAY too soon!
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Hey I always try to be optomistic. We should have at least 25 pages discussing these DVD's by the time it is in our hot little hands.