The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Peter Wardell - New Hustle DVD :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Following on from the success of his first DVD project "Crowdpuller", some Café' members have asked for more info about Peter Wardell's new DVD "Hustle" which will be available in the U.S very soon. A demo is available to watch at our web site.

I hope this helps.
Regards,
Russ

"Hustle is a performance piece that looks at magic, fortune telling, card cheating and proposition bets.
It ties these together with stories and characters, both real and imagined. Filmed in front of a live audience at a location in London, the performance gives an insight into the world of the one-man show.

For the first time, Peter’s live performance has been recorded onto DVD. This is then followed in the studio
with a detailed explanation of each routine".

4 ACES
A four ace production leads into a beautiful set-up for the classic McDonalds Aces.

MC DONALDS ACES
Peter’s take on this classic routine.

THE ALMANAC
The Soldiers Prayer Book revisited, this is a 13-card production with meaning and a demonstration of how to
make magic more entertaining. A classic lesson in showmanship and presentation.

THE GREEN BAIZE JUNGLE
One of the most unusual Gambling demonstrations you?ll see. This routine includes shuffles, cuts, and deals,
laced with poker lore.

THE BROAD TOSSER
Three card monte with a torn corner finish. A great theatrical presentation of this street con.

PRODUCED BY RUSS STEVENS
WORLDWIDE PLAYBACK (MULTI-REGION)
RUNNING TIME 1 HOUR AND AND 58 MINUTES

COPYRIGHT 2006
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
Russ - can you tell us much about Mr. Wardell. His site provides some history (10 yrs as a street performer, now works trade shows) but can you give us a little more? Thanks.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hi Tony,

Yes, Peter's background is in street performing, but most recently he has establsihed himself as one of our top trade show magicians here in the UK. Using the crowd pulling techniques from his street show work, he works a trade show stand with great success. Most recently he's been performing his one-man show "Hustle" which we've captured on DVD as one of our latest projects.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Russ
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
Russ - thanks. I've heard good things about Crowdpuller and can't wait to see Hustle. Any plans for Mr. Wardell to lecture the States?

Regards,
Tony Tuccillo
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
362 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
I seen Pete Wardell at late night magic a few years ago and he had great tricks and very funny..not just magician funny. He has the sleight of hands skills to the pay the bills and that the truth. I always like performance DVD's and although this appears to teach tricks as well I am pleased to see it as a large amount of perform,ance footage from Peters show.

I thin k I may pick this up as I relaly enjoyed Crowdpullers dvd.

Simon Hughes
sileeni
View Profile
Veteran user
UK.
361 Posts

Profile of sileeni
I have seen every single dvd that Russ has produced. Ive never been disappointed.
I think the readers should definately give this one some thought.
Once again, Excellent work Russ....
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Many thanks for your kind words sileeni!

I'm not sure if Peter has any plans to lecture in the US, but feel free to email him via his website. Following from the success of Crowdpuller I think it would be a great idea!

Russ
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I love this DVD. Peter is a very funny man, and I spent quite a bit of time with him at the Bristol Day of Magic, and got this DVD from him there, he made my sides hurt with laughter, as instead of of performing in the close up rooms, he went out onto the streets, and invited others that werent part of the day to watch, and if those of you that saw the first performance with the guy and his girlfriend, well, my jaw hurt with laughter after that, one of the funniest lines used by Peter and just worked perfect. He is very good at what he does, and also a very considerate person.
As a review to the DVD, here is mine.
4 Aces: This is a great production. If you have a table it looks nice, and is reminicent of the Piet Forten Pop Out move, but the card shoots out from the centre of the deck.

McDonalds Aces: An entertaining routine, and not too much different from what the rest of us do, but Peter says at the beginning of the DVD that he is helping more with presentation that effects.

The Almanac: Probably my favourite on the DVD. Peter had me in fits of laughter at the Session Convention when he performed this, and on the DVD, it was just was funny. I love the trick, and the presentation and patter are awesome. You can choose your own revelations if you choose, but you wont be changing the presentation to this, it is perfect, and packed full of humour.

The Green Baize Jungle: Peters gambling demonstration. Well Peter had to go tha whole hog and dress up for this one lol. You have to see it for that. The demonstration is great, and entertaining and magical at the same time, which is most magicians dreams.

The Broad Tosser: I liked this take on the 3 card monte, or as it is on the DVD 'Find the Lady'. Peter shows he has practiced this trick, and even though I am in the know of the trick, I still found it hard to keep up on some of the moves. If you are wanting to learn this routine, and want to learn a great presentation for it, this is the place to start. The patter is great as Peter basically teaches you the game as he fools you.

All in all, the DVD is great. I wasnt to keen on the camera angles, and it was kind of dark, but you could see everything that went on. The DVD is well produced, and Peter teaches everything well. Well done Peter and the guys at RSVP Magic. Its a shame some of the gags and effects didn't get better reactions really, as I found Peter hilarious and loved the effects. Great DVD though!!!!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available