The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Erdnase Expert at the Card Table DVD starring Allan Ackerman? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Anyone have any further info on this?

I'm hearing that the latest copy of Linking Ring ran into a full page advertisement for Erdnase: Expert at the Card Table starring Allan Ackerman.

No one better then Ackerman (other than Darwin Ortiz) to release this DVD(s).
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Thanks for the link NM
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5211 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Who is the maker of this dvd set?
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5211 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Watch the master in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9OsxP2Whic
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Wouldn't mind to get Expert at card Table on dvd, but would really like it if Vernon would do it, becuase he knew it by hurt. What about Revolutionary card tech. by Marlo, will any one do DVD on that, because the book is great.
Pavlo
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Pavloter, Vernon died 14 years ago.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-10-09 15:58, duanebarry wrote:

I think he meant Sol Vernon, a Canadian Lumberjack, who's a genius with a pack of cards.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:
On 2006-10-09 15:58, duanebarry wrote:

I know when Vernon died, I just said it would be nice if he done it in his days, as he was the one who knew it the best. And to be honest Erdnase book isn't that great for newwer days. It is my opinion, and I got Erdnase book, and both annotated versions by Vernon and Ortiz, but some of the moves are out of date, and some of the moves haven't been even listed. Like better verions of bottom and second deals. I know some of you might not agree with me, but what I think it is legacy of Erdnase make us belive it is the best, but in my opinion to learn a lot of good gambling moves I rather would go for Revolutionary Card Technique by Marlo, but Erdnase got kind of theory with it as well. To be honest got confuesed my self now. ANYWAY feel free to judge.
Pavlo
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2006-10-10 16:14, Pavloter wrote:
I got Erdnase book, and both annotated versions by Vernon and Ortiz, but some of the moves are out of date,

Wow. I would love to get a copy of Vernon's version. If you don't mind, where and how much did you get it for?
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:
Wow. I would love to get a copy of Vernon's version. If you don't mind, where and how much did you get it for?

You can only find it one eBay, and it is REALLY rare, so it is expencive, but it worth it $200-300, You get half page original Erdnase and other annotated by Vernon. The name of book is "Revelations".
Pavlo
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
While expensive, it's not really quite that high.

From my notes, 4 copies of Revelations sold on ebay this summer between June and September. The prices were: $183.50, $120, $153, $222.50.
negrette
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
178 Posts

Profile of negrette
Anyone have any news on release date? Who the publisher is? Useful info like that? Thanks.
Mallusionist definition of the Simple force: The cards are fanned and if the spectator tries to take the wrong card, the magician holds onto the deck really, really tight.
http://www.mallusionist.com
negrette
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
178 Posts

Profile of negrette
Seriously? No one knows anything about this DVD product? Who will be selling it, etc? Pretty strange.
Mallusionist definition of the Simple force: The cards are fanned and if the spectator tries to take the wrong card, the magician holds onto the deck really, really tight.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Negrette, in the link to the Genii thread above you can find all the information you're seeking.
Needless to say, the DVD is extremely overdue, but will likely show up eventually from the folks mentioned in the Genii thread.
negrette
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
178 Posts

Profile of negrette
I have read that post. Didn't see anything that I've asked about, but perhaps I just missed it. Thanks.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Has anyone heard any more about the Alan Ackerman "Expert at the Card Table" DVD release? It seems like this was announced over a year ago and then everything went silent.

Same question re: Mike Caveny's new edition of the Dai Vernon "Revelations" book. Anyone heard about a release date?
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Yves Tourigny
View Profile
Veteran user
Somewhere in Quebec
323 Posts

Profile of Yves Tourigny
I can't give you a date for the new version of Dai Vernon Revelations but I have seen the photos that will go into the book when I was at David Ben's house and boy are you in for a treat! I too am really looking forward to this book.

Yves
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I was told by David Malek in LA that it should be out around November. It's being put out by Houdini's in Vegas. Interestingly enough, there are guys working Houdini's that don't know who Allan Ackerman is, or what Erdnase is for that matter.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Quote:
On 2007-07-31 15:01, Jeff Corn wrote:
I was told by David Malek in LA that it should be out around November. It's being put out by Houdini's in Vegas. Interestingly enough, there are guys working Houdini's that don't know who Allan Ackerman is, or what Erdnase is for that matter.

You must be joking . . . . well, that is sad.
Cards never lie