The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: James Brown DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Aaron Lucas
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Aaron Lucas
Does anyone know anything about a new DVD from James Brown from the UK? He told me he had a DVD coming out when I spoke to him at Blackpool (and I had previously seen him perform at the Session Convention)
James does a great coin on shoulder/under watch with just one coin which is beautiful.
Just a magic lovin dude
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1711 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Are you sure he did'nt mention Alkazam as being the company putting it out as well.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I don't know much about james brown..what kind of magic does he do.?

Criss
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
This James Brown? http://www.jbmagicman.co.uk
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I don't think anyone in a performing career should be able to use the name "James Brown" until the Godfather of Soul (say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud) retires from show business or life itself. Whatever their given name is.
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
Apparently it's going to be very good. I know, I was there!
magickdabid--uk
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magickdabid--uk
I've not seen James work for sometime now, but last time I had the oppertunity, He was first class!, I wish Him all the Best.......

Dave
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guy's

The DVD is expected to arrive here in the shop, within 4 weeks. James is a great thinker and performer. His routines are first class. The DVD contains both lecture footage and real-world footage. Trust me this is one DVD the workers out there will not want to miss!

Peter
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
FYI

James Brown DVD - "Fancy a Pot of Jam?"

Psychological Deck Vanish

The ultimate solution to the "Show me a trick!" request that will blow them away!

The deck vanishes from between yours and the spectator's hands, leaving nothing but their previously thought of card!

Card Under Box

The classic effect with some great new twists! See James perform this in all the "wrong" situations and successfully blow people away!

Repeat card under box, deck under box & optional vanish! This is a great lesson in misdirection as James proves that with the right thinking, you CAN do this anywhere!

Coin on Shoulder & More!

A great reworking of a popular effect that many people shy away from! James shows you the proper technique for making the coin stay put in a one coin routine that really uses just ONE coin!

Watch as the coin repeatedly vanishes & reappears on the shoulder in your eye, under the spectators watch, climaxing in their WATCH ending up on their shoulder! Essential impromptu Magic for every Magician!

Card Under Watch

This one gets people talking! When a spectator finds their signed card folded & wedged snugly under their watch, they literally freak out! James has routined this in such a way that the spectator's will NEVER be able to backtrack the load. A fantastic lesson in time misdirection!

Fancy a Pot of Jam?

Pitching & loading for the real world! This effect takes a simple coin trick and gives it an ending that is so surreal that it will be remembered for a very long time! James begins with "The World Famous 11p Trick" & ends it with a mind blowing production of a pot of jam that appears, vanishes & finds itself on the spectator's shoulder!

Cards Opener

A brilliant routine combining the best elements of card Magic, to create an action packed showpiece that is ideal to begin your set with. Cards to pocket, card changes and a deck vanish make this something to really show you mean business when you have a deck of cards!

Cards to Spectator's Pocket

Sounds impossible! You have to see, learn it, then go out and try it! This really works and takes the popular cards to pocket plot, but amplifies the impact! Especially as the spectator actually removes the card from their own pocket and the WHOLE DECK when the effect climaxes with it vanishing & appearing in their pocket! A reputation maker for those who are willing to go out there & do it!

Diminishing Switch

A fantastic transposition effect that is not the norm! A SINGLE card on a spectator's hand changes places with FOUR cards from your hands! This routine takes a well known sequence, builds a trick around it, then delivers a knock out transposition ending that is just impossible!

Band Up!

Visual card Magic at its best! A selected card literally appears from nowhere on the back of a spectator's hand. The deck is wrapped in a rubber band; the spectator's hand goes on top, then BANG, the selection jumps onto the BACK of their hand! It looks like trick photography on film!

Watch Stealing

Two different techniques for removing wristwatches in seconds! Watch James do this to people time and time again and deal with that inevitable "getting caught" situation. Not only does he get the watch off at lightening speed - the watch ends up on James' wrist and even on the spectator's shoulder!

"James's sensational audience management will make you shake your head in disbelief. I have seen James in action for real people and trust me when I say he is a master of misdirection.

He is consistently excellent with his magic. This DVD is a must for anyone who wants to learn from a real worker. GREAT GREAT GREAT! You can only mess with the classic principles of magic when you fully understand why they work; James fully understands why they work, period!"

Martin Sanderson; Corporate Close up Magic Legend.

"James Brown does the material we all wish we had the nerve to do. Misdirection, and spectator management are the real secrets to his work and he is an expert at both."

Peter Wardell; A street performer to be reckoned with.
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Hmm I have seen the demo show reel and I think it looks pretty fresh. My mis-direction or as I prefer to call it directional attention displacement really sucks. Are there tips on how to improve in this de[partment. I always gets caught when I stick cards under watches :-(

I like greg wilson type magic and this seems to have that vibe.

Criss
Notorious BIG - 1972 to 1987
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
Hi Guys

I should have the website up and running by tonight so that you can view and pre-order the DVD. http://www.jbmagicman.co.uk and then follow the Magicians Only link.

Let me know what you think of it...

James Brown
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
260 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Seems like theres a lot of greg wilson material in here...
pkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Paul knight
140 Posts

Profile of pkmagic
Having worked with James on several occasions, I can whole heartedly say that, with the practice and dedication, this stuff is real world working killers. James has a unique touch, that shines through in all his work and everything he does. He is one of the few guys I know who not only slays spectators, but also consistently floors magicians. Buy it Buy it Buy it etc etc etc.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guy's,

I know for a fact that when we were out filiming the DVD James confirmed at least four bookings from the people he was performing to. sleighty annoying as Ashford is my patch!

Peter
pkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Paul knight
140 Posts

Profile of pkmagic
Can I just add that James always astounds me when we meet up. Unlike many magicians, he is always happy to show and comment on ideas. A top guy. He deserves to do well. Oh, may I add that I am in no way connected to the publishing of his DVD. Just appreciate quality when I see it!
Griff Howell
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Griff Howell
Finally someone is putting out a DVD of magic with ordinary items.
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
...and it is available via http://www.jbmagicman.co.uk just so you know!
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Is there any news on the release date of this?

Best magical wishes,

Criss
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
DVD should be available for shipping in the next 10 days. Its at the printers as we speak.

Pre-orders being taken from http://www.jbmagicman.co.uk

Cheers

JB
Craig Kyle
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Craig Kyle
I have just pre-order this and am very mcuh looking forard to reciving it.