The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Inside the mind of Garrett Thomas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
The One
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of The One
I just finished watching all the volumes and they truly are great!
Great Magic and great thinking

I was wondering about the Rubik's cube effect from volume 1 (freaking amazing)... Has he marketed this effect? if so where can I find it.

Thanks

The One
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end...
I came here...
To tell you how this is going to begin.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2230 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I think he is holding that one for himself...I loved his application for the Matchbox Penetration!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I have heard that garretts rubiek cube thing is on his lecture notes....garrett in my opinion is the best new magician out there....hes brillant and I look forward to seeing more from him'

koz
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
Garrett is truly one of my favorite magicians if not my favorite, those DVDs are awsome, and I'm not sure if hes going to publish the rubix cube effect.
I have played over that tape a 100 times and I still cant figure out the method, hopefully someday I can perform it because it would be so awsome for walk around to just go up to the table and say "hey have you seen one of these before" its so new and so different.

Garrett if your out their tell us how its done!
Who is Tattoo Joe?
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
Garrett Thomas is a great magician, and there are some real gems on the series.

In regard to the rubik's cube effect. I know how its done, and I asked him why he doesn't reveal and I remember him saying, because people won't go through the effort of learning it.

In order to do the routine you have to know how to solve the rubik's and do it very quickly. Then you make that look magical. The secret behind the routine is knowing how to solve it. that's the trick. Once you are able to comfortably solve a rubik's cube in less than 1 min you can do it, and that's why he doesn't teach it.

And if you ever have the opportunity to see him do it in person, its crazy!!
The One
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of The One
I just found the Enchanted Cube online... is this the same thing?
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end...
I came here...
To tell you how this is going to begin.
thePyramidWithin
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of thePyramidWithin
Doesn't he have a routine with fruit? any comments?
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
The orange to apple effect is great you see a real orange in the hand and a second later tranform it to an apple.
thePyramidWithin
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of thePyramidWithin
Quote:
On 2006-03-16 09:29, Alejandro Peterson wrote:
The orange to apple effect is great you see a real orange in the hand and a second later tranform it to an apple.

is this kinda like cyril's trick in the supermarket where he does that with fruit?
what I mean is it as visual?
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
Garret Thomas effct is amazing and visual I don't know the effect you refer
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17428 Posts

Profile of joseph
Maybe you would be better off just doing something like THIS ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Do es he do a think of a card on these DVDs?
If so which one?
TJ
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I don't have Garrett Thomas' DVDs yet so I can't comment on his orange to apple effect, but I believe that the color changing apple effect that Cyril performs is Ray Kosby's effect as seeon on his Wow: It's Ray Kosby video.

Larry
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
I now know it is on vol 3
If anybody has it, could they please do a review/description of this one effect?
Cheers
TJ
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4758 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Does anyone know where to get the combination lock Garrett uses on volume 3? He says it's a Presto brand lock but I can't find anything on the internet. Thanks.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
ANyone care to post a review on this set of dvds, I need more info with regards to how good the material is and I'm intending to make a purchase soon but am hesistant as the price of these dvds aint cheap. Is the Ring Thing a more practical purchase?..
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
Quote:
On 2006-03-14 13:37, The One wrote:
I just found the Enchanted Cube online... is this the same thing?

No it is not the same thing, Garretts effect was inspired by it, but it has been changed so much its like a completely different effect.

I am the Producer of Garrett Thomas' Speed Cube DVD. Thousands and Thousands of dollars where spent filming, editing, and mass producing this DVD. However Garrett has informed me to explain to the Café that the "Speed Cube" is his most valued effect and he has descided not to release this DVD just yet. Definatly in the future you can look forward to the release of this effect, but so far Garrett has descided to keep this effect to himself for the time being.

I think we can all respect Garrett for his decision, for once in our industry a well respected magician cares about the artistic and sentamental value of a treasured effect and not the monotary value.

Im sure we all look forward to the release date on this DVD.
thanks for your time
JR
Who is Tattoo Joe?