The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Review - The Ivory Connection by Reed McClintock and Steve Dobson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
You might have already read my review on Reed's twisting the ace's dubbed the McClintock Twist. This is another McClintock review but Steve Dobson should be given a lot of credit too. Reed and Steve have created a gem here. A real gem. I already knew Dr. Sachs trick and thought that it definitly had its weaknesses. Then I popped in The Ivory Connection and sat dumbfounded as out of nowhere Reed puled a pair of dice out of a purse frame. I hope you enjoy the rest of the review:

Reed starts out by showing a purse frame. He states that the bag is obviously invisible. He opens up the frame what come out of it but a pair of dice. Reed then starts talking about the rule of seven. Then the good part starts. The number on the face of the dice is two. One on the left one on the right. He gives them a shake and an in instant, boom, there are fives. This is a strong part of this routine, that I enjoy very much for its straight forward take on the spots changing. There is definitly more to this routine but it would take quite a while to type it all up. This is just one example of the amazing routine that they have come up with. As the dice seem to have the "wrong" spots on them(remember the rule of seven) Reed magicaly fixes them. Then for the real kicker. After the entire routine fooling with the dice, he rules them on the table and they have some how welded together. Yes they realy have. He then takes out the purse frame and makes the dice invisible again as he puts them back into the frame.

As you can see this routine is actually a routine instead of a puzzle like many think of the origonal Sachs routine. You really have to witness this routine for the full astonishment that it provides. This is an excellent routine for table hoping as you are instantly reset to do it again and again.

Bottom line: Defintly Recommended. Smile
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10964 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Agreed, The Ivory Connection ia a very good video on dice . You also might want to throw in Bob Sheets dice routine video called It's tThe Rules. and James LEWIS DICE TRICKS. all three videos are excellent and all have something to add to any dice routine
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com