The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card Sleights or another DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Laurent69
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Laurent69
I read several threads stating that Daryl's Encyclopedia is mostly geared towards beginners. Therefore, I am debating whether or not I should buy Daryl's series.

My repertoire of DVDs is limited to Born to Perform (my first dvd), Gaft Cards, the NINJA and Crash Course series, Kard Klub, and The Pass by Randy Wakeman. I like them all as I have found learning new sleights and routines to be similar to solving problems or overcoming obstacles. Cards have become my creative passtime and I think I will be addicted to cards for life.

But now I am looking for a dvd or series that would benefit me in learning new ways of controling cards as well as new sleights. I am not interested in learning new tricks. Is there a better dvd or series then Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card Sleights.

Thanks in advance to all your replies.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
If you are looking for a dvd or series that would benefit you in learning new ways of controling cards as well as new sleights, then you should definitely go with this series. The Allan Ackerman series is also good.
Laurent69
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Laurent69
I just did a Google search on Allan Ackerman. Correct me if I'm wrong but Ackerman's series seem to focus on tricks more then on sleights. Any other suggestions of dvd or series? Royal Road to Card Magic seems ok...but limited, as I feel I will not learn anything new.

Given my limited dvd collection, does the Encyclopedia of Card Sleight have anything challenging as far as sleights, controls or flourishes?
Laurent69
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Laurent69
I think I am going to start with Daryl's VOLUME 5...
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Yes, go with Daryl's series... there's a wealth of material in there that's above beginner's level
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Stryker
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Stryker
I agree. Daryl's is a must have. He covers a bunch of material and even has some new twists on stuff that's been around a while.