The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: West Coast Conjurers Review? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Anyone have bought this DVD? I saw it in Magic Warehouse. This is the description:

Shot in reality TV style, this Dvd will give you the chance to go on a real gig with four of West Coast's top conjurers. You will not only learn four great effets from Tony Clark, David Regal, Lou Serrano, and Jason Alexander, but you will also learn how to entertain a crowd in a real world environment.

There is also a demo for it. Anyone with it care to give a review? Thanks
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
I too would like a review but I might buy it anyway.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
There is David Regal and Tony Clark inside so I shouldn't even think twice.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
No reviews? It seems nice.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I would like one too. But the title didn't do it for me.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1376 Posts

Profile of bekralik
If you're looking for new effects to learn, there are only 4. I can't recall if David Regal's one is taught elsewhere on one of his dvds, maybe not, but it seemed familiar to me. The other effects performed but not taught were classic effects seen elsewhere, like Tony Clark's Bottle Thru Body, and I can't recall the rest right now.

I think the idea is good, to see the performances. But although the eye candy in the audience was interesting, it was the same group of people for all the effects. To me it seemed just like the normal L&L audience, just in a different setting, so I didn't really get a sense of hey, this is live magic performances. Seemed short of material. Again, it has potential, but I wasn't blown away by this first volume. I'd be willing to check out future volumes, though.
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
It was entertaining to watch. But not worth it if you're looking ot learn a bunch of great new tricks. And it was kind of dissapointing to see the same audience the whole time. I'd suggest saving your money.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
863 Posts

Profile of magico
I would highly recommend it. You can not go wrong for the $20 price tag.

The dvd starts off with an introduction by Tony Clark.

It then starts off in the middle of Jason Alexander's act in which he performs:

Card to Wallet - The selected card appears in an envelope which is given to the spectator to open to find their card.

Immaculate Connection - This is Paul Harris linking card trick.

Ring on String - This is a 3 phase routine in which at end the borrowed finger ring appears in a card box which has been sitting on the table.

Up next is Tony Clark who performs:

Psychic Snake - A spectator selects a card and it is return to the deck. Five cards are removed from the deck. The snake is placed in the spectator's face-up hand across the fingers. The magician places one card at a time on the snake's back and asks the spectator to send a mental image of the card to the psychic snake. The spectator is asked to use their thumb to squeeze down on the card and snake. When the snake senses that the chosen card is on its back, it snaps up and coils around the card.

Sly Scarves - Tony's handling of the Slydini Knots.

Bottle Thru Body - The name says it all.

Next up is Lou Serrano who performs:

A Everywhere routine - A spectator select a card - three cards are shown in which none of them are the spectators. They are place face down on the table, the spectator points to any of the three and that card is turn over and it has now become the spectators card. Lou shows that they could of pointed to any of the 3 card and they all would have been their card. At the end it is shown that there is only one of the spectators selected card

Card in frame - Lou brings out a small picture frame in which has his business card. The business card is removed from the frame and the frame is put back together and left on the table. He removes his Costco card from his wallet which is then inserted into a deck of cards where the spectator indicates. The card to the right of the Costco card is remember by the spectator. Lou pretends to remove the card from the deck which is then toss at the frame which has been on the table the whole time. The spectator goes thru the deck to find there card missing. The frame is now turned over and their card is now in the frame.

Torn and Restored Tissue Paper - A piece of tissue paper is cut into 4 pieces and placed on the end of a needle. The paper is then lit on fire and after is shown to be restored.

Tony Clark is back and borrows Lou's jacket and performs:

Knife thru jacket - Again the name says it all.

Up next is David Regal who performs:

Another Everywhere routine - In this one he tells the spectator that he has a favorite card and asked them to select their favorite card or at least pretend to have a favorite card. The spectator's card is lost back in the deck and David explains that he always keeps his favorite card on top of the deck. The card shown is the same as the spectators. He than shows that he keeps his favorite card in the middle, the bottom several cards are shown and place on the table and the end he shows that it is really kept in his pocket. The other cards are shown to be all different. There is a kicker at the end but I won't spoil it for you. If you want to know buy the dvd.

Wild Card - This is David handling of wild card in which you would swear you see the backs and faces of all the cards. The Ace of Spades is shown and a bunch of blank face cards. The blank cards turn into copies of the Ace of Spades.

Disposable Deck - David's marketed effect. You have to see this one in action and the routine he uses is great. Again you have to buy the dvd, I do not want to spoil this one by explaining the routine.

The final performance is Austin Brooks who performs his marketed effect "Sign Off" - Great effect. I wont go into details on this one since it is a marketed effect. Tony says he is selling this on his website but it is not listed yet, I will be buying this one.

The four routines that are taught are:
Ring on String
Card in frame
Knife thru jacket
Wild Card
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Where can I get AUSTIN SIGN OFF trick ????????

The final performance is Austin Brooks who performs his marketed effect "Sign Off" - Great effect. I wont go into details on this one since it is a marketed effect. Tony says he is selling this on his website but it is not listed yet, I will be buying this one.
Heygeno
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Heygeno
Still no word on where to buy the Sign Off trick?

Gene
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3390 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Heygeno on the Café Banner Tony Clark click on it there you will see Austin brooks Sign off effect .
Tophatter.
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Does anyone know if the David Regal routines are also in print? Thanks.

Sean
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

I am looking for the first routine he does where he produces the all the cards of one suit along with his favorite card.

Best,

S
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Never mind, I found it through Denis Behr's website. Got to love it! It's in Star Quality. Wish I had that book....doh!!

S