The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Utcw by a worker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Ok I'm going to go off on a small rant here. It’s not my job to defend anything BUT I have worked this effect and I will continue doing so. So here is a rela review.

1: This is far cheaper than most of the methods out there. There are a few really cheap ones that render themselves impractical and un-work able in a working scenario. This is basically the best at a much much cheaper price. They show you how to make a fantastic removable (thanks Gored) gimmick that works 100% of the time that no other card through window can testify to and I'm a working magician…… I know!

2: Poor quality (which is a Café complaint) The DVD and download is fantastically produced. I have seen some production on DVDs form major companies not saying names *Cough L&L Cough* that are just terrible. What you have with this DVD is a FANTASTIC idea surrounded with FANTASTIC after thoughts and presentations. Not only do you get the ultimate method that can be done practically any where but you get other presentation ideas that will cover anything else. You also see a young and up coming magician enjoying him self. In Most DVDs the guys think “Oh I have to act seriously or they will not take me that way” This is untrue and is a breath of fresh air on the subject. Im sick of seeing stuffy old guys in suits telling you want to do script for script. This DVD plays around with the idea that YOU ARE HUMAN TO. You like being entertained as you are taught and trust me its more fun that way so congratulations to Eric for it.

3: It’s never looks right. This is a pet peeve of mines. It looked good to you in the demo. The simple fact is that you know the secret now. Nothing is ever the same after you know how. Imagine how you first felt when you saw the demo. That is how you specs will feel when you do it. Trust me. I do this effect 3-7 times a night and it always gets the same reaction. They loose the minds ALWAYS.

4: The card fluttering through seems so UN natural. This is another pet peeve. Ok you just forced a card through a window. WHY does it have to be stuck there? Because you, yourself have been conditioned by other magicians to think that. The spec has no reason to think other wise. If a card goes through to the other side then it should fall and flutter down. After all you’ve just passed a card through a window. Not just stuck it then done it. Think on it guys!

Now finally before for I go. Feel free to pm me or mail me at alan@alanrorrison.com And I will cover any questions you have. This product IS the next step and I question those who think otherwise!

Ps I do use the ultimate method. It works and works well. After one performance it pays for its self!

Alan Rorrison