The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Dingle's Delight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Derek Dingle has been one of the most influential close-up magicians of the 20th century. He created many outstanding routines that are in use by the leading professionals in our field. He went from an outstanding amateur to a successful professional and on this DVD you get to see him perform and explain the routines that he regularly used in his professional career.

The DVD begins with a live lecture, taped in Sacramento, California in 1998, where he performed and explained his favorite routines.

The Derek Dingle Fabulous Jumping Card Trick: Derek's handling for Edward Victor's Eleven Card Trick where the spectator deals eleven cards into your hand but each time you count the cards you only have ten. This is repeated with cards added to the packet and taken away but the total is never as it should be.

New Wave Cigarette Through Quarter: A repeat cigarette through quarter routine like no other. After penetrating the center of a borrowed quarter with a cigarette you confess that you switched coins and then you repeat the sequence with the "real" quarter.

Silver Quick: A clean coins across routine where four coins vanish from your hand and appear on the spectator's palm and in her clenched fist.

The Sympathetic Cards: This is considered the best method for the classic routine where thirteen cards in A-K numerical order are placed in full view in a glass. A second set of cards are removed in a random order from a second deck and placed in a different glass beside the first. Magically the original packet rearranges itself in sympathy to match the order of the random set of cards.

Super Card Rise: A comical and simple method for having a selected card rise out of an ordinary un-gimmicked deck of cards.

Rainbow Deck: An odd backed card is placed in the middle of the deck as the spectator attempts to select it. When he finally selects a card it turns out to be the only regular card left in the deck as all the others now have odd backs.

Derek's Ambitious Card (Performance Only): Used as a closer for his shows and lectures it is the classic effect done the Derek Dingle way with a card to sealed envelope in wallet ending.

You will also see him discuss how to make gaffed cards, give tips on perfecting the Pass and teach the many techniques used within the routines.

The DVD concludes with Derek Dingle performing on stage with his hilarious Card In Balloon, the classic Crystallized Coins Up Sleeve and the rarely seen Card In Lemon.

As a bonus Derek is seen performing at a coporate show - Derek's Ring Flight, Billswitch (where a one dollar bill changes to a 100 dollar bill, and back again), Derek's Ambitious Card.

On the DVD there are pdf files for the lecture notes (which sadly didn't work work for me).

Three of the effects in the lecture are sold by Meir Yedid Magic: The Sympathetic cards $75.00, Super Card Rise $10.00, Rainbow Deck $20.00
All the cards were hand made by Derek, so the supplies are short.

This is a fantastic DVD. If you not buying it you are missing something. The quality is superb. Derek had a tendency to wrap up his magic in velvet. His humor was dry and goofy. His skill was second to non.
I belive this was one of Derek's last performances.

Rating: 9/10
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Looks like an essential purchase. Anyone know any UK shops stocking the set yet?
SpareribsQ
View Profile
New user
NYC
62 Posts

Profile of SpareribsQ
I am excited about this. I have several of his vhs tapes and look forward to seeing new things on this dvd.

I hope the PDF file works when I get it.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Anyone have anything more to add about these DVDs?
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
You can see clips from the 'Delights' as well as the 'Deceptions' DVDs here:

http://www.mymagic.com/dingle.htm
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
I believe I say that Dingle is working the Casbah Lounge at the Sahara in Vegas now. Anyone going out for the WMS might want to check it out.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I believe Derek passed away last year.

I especially like DD's Fabulous Jumping Cards, Sympathetic Cards, and his Ambitious Card routine on this DVD.

Robert
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
^ 2004 in fact... a truly great magician
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2006-02-18 14:46, doublelift wrote:
I believe I say that Dingle is working the Casbah Lounge at the Sahara in Vegas now. Anyone going out for the WMS might want to check it out.

Your joking right?
guido
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
152 Posts

Profile of guido
Quote:
I believe Derek passed away last year.
Robert

Your joking right?
[/quote]
Unfortunately that is correct:-(
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2006-02-18 14:46, doublelift wrote:

This is what I was actually quoting guido. Not Robert M's quote. For some reason I quoted the wrong person. It was meant for doublelift's message.

Your joking right doublelift?
Magic Power
View Profile
Regular user
Taiwan
107 Posts

Profile of Magic Power
Dingle passed away like 2 years ago, even Simon Lovell visited his place and in his memory he came out with simon lovell behind the madness.

Doublelift I guess you are talking about another Dingle..
"Be Nature"