The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: What would you like to see? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5474 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Just curious,
what is it that you guys would like to see on dvd?...what is special to you...are ther any old masters out there that you are interested in?...anyone that you feel should have a dvd set out there...if there is feel free to drop me a PM

thanks
koz
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations koz,

Merry Christmas and best wishes for the Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year!

Thought I'd respond here to see what sort of interest it sparks.

On my Christmas 2006 wish list would be seeing an entire performance of Cellini on the street. And I mean a whole good, bad or indifferent show. Not a bunch of shows spliced together for a best-of but the whole deal all the way through. Then let Cellini review it segment by segment to critique every part of it. One, I'd like to see an entire Cellini show from gather to hat, and two, I'd like to hear his comments on what worked and what didn't and how he'd improve event he stuff that worked. Personally, I think you learn just as much by seeing what went wrong and then listening to a pro explain how to fix it as you do seeing it in a best-case scenario

So, what I'd like to see is what you guys did with Sonny Holiday in New Orleans on Art 1, but not only pointing out what was working but what might have been improved or what someone else would have done differently. Have several pros, and maybe rookies, too, describe what they would have done in similar circumstances.

And do the same thing with the likes of Gazzo, Danny, Blair, JamesinLA, Johnny Fox, Dante, Doug Conn, Eric Evans, whoever you could find, from seasoned veterans to rookies, and it wouldn't have to be all street magi. I'd be interested in seeing jugglers, blockheads, musicians who draw an edge - although trickle buskers could be interesting to see as well, and not just circle shows but doorway and sidwalk shows as well, virtually any busker -- except for mimes ... or bagpipers ... or clowns -- they give me the willies!

Thanks for listening, and good luck with whatever your next project is. Your stuff keeps getting better and better.

Joe in KC

"Until there is commitment there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now!" — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Hi Koz,

It was great to have footage of Slydini on the DVD, but the personal stories rounded-off the whole thing beautifully. Since you did such a great job with the Slydini DVD, how about a Fred Kaps DVD in a similar format? That would be fantastic.

My wish list would also include (in no particular order):
Ross Bertram
Charlie Miller
Milt Kort
Harry Riser

Best wishes

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5474 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
It would be great! we'll see...
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Happy New Year Koz.

I second what MagiUlysses wrote. I'd enjoy something like "Street Theatre" with the entire acts and then commentary by the performer and or a panel of performers.

Tony
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5474 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Happy new year to you too!
koz
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I would like to see Jim Pace do a DVD version of his Restarant Workers book. Smile
I would like to also see a Chris Kenner / Homer Liwag DVD. I think that would be the best seller ever. But unlikely to ever happen since he makes enough money traveling with Copperfield. Smile

I would also like to see some more of Steve's Magic Bakery DVDs. I hear there are some good things in store regarding Reed McClintock and Curtis Kam! Smile

And I was talking to Dave Neighbors about his wishes to make a DVD on a lot of his coin magic. That is something I would LOVE to have on DVD. His magic is unbelievable.

Brian
D Byrd
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
228 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
Most definitely Richiardi (Ah I can smell the guts and blood from his buzz saw from here - muahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!)

Also Cardini would be very interesting. His gloved manipulation act while playing the drunk guy is the stuff of legends.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5474 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Cardini was amazing...who does cardini out there and who could do his stuff...how much footage is available...i have some old stuff and man he was great
magentano
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of magentano
My fantasy four?

1)A DVD box set compiling every magic act that appeared on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson (with commentary and bonus footage of Johnny performing tricks).

2)A set of L&L teaching videos by Ricky Jay.

3)FISM DVD box set covering 1948-present.

4)DVD release of newly discovered silent film footage of Erdnase at work.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Magentano!! That idea about the Tonight Show performances is great. I would pay good money for a DVD like that.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5474 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Magentano
why L & L ?
koz
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5474 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
By the way, who has the erdanase footage?
kozmo
magentano
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of magentano
Quote:
On 2005-12-29 21:02, tedb wrote:
why L & L ?

They own the "Easy to Master" brandname. Grow the lumpen, I say.

Quote:
On 2005-12-29 21:25, tedb wrote:
who has the erdanase footage?

The great director and amateur magician Alan Smitheeni.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5474 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Oh
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2099 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I would like to see some more lectures by Jamy Ian Swiss on DVD, especially a Card Clinic one!
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
The other half of Roth’s Expert Coin Magic
Rules of Thumb
Don Alan magic ranch 1, 2, 3 & 4
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.