The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: As I recall... Slydini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
If you do not have these videos you need to order them right now.

This beautiful documentary is an in site into the life of this great man as told by his students.

Jim Cellini as well as others delve into the world of Slydini. Yes, you will learn some great magic as well as some fine touches, but you will walk away from this video set having learned something about the man.

In the opening sequence Jim Cellini describes his first lesson with Slydini. Slydini asks the question, "What would you like me to teach you?" To which Jim replied, "Everything."

Slydini then spent the next four hours teaching Jim how to walk on stage and take an opening bow.

This is how you start at the beginning. This is the first step in learning stagecraft. How do I take a bow?

Jim spends the next 10 minutes of the DVD teaching us how to sit at the table in order to effectively perform close up magic.

If you do not get this, then to be honest you probably do not deserve to own these DVDs. But there is something here for the trick monkeys too. Lots of stuff.

The silks, the balls over the head, the coin vanishes and productions, all of it is explained in detail by Slydini students exactly as it was taught to them by Slydini. They sit across the table and look into the camera. With props in hand it feels as though they are in the same room.

If the work of Slydini interests you this DVD set will be nothing less than a thrill to view. The archival video of Slydini alone is worth the price of admission. Seeing Slydini perform the balls in hat/box on my television sat me flat on my backside.

The production value is everything you would expect from magicman123 productions. These are the same guys who brought you the Chevery and Cellini videos. The quality is excellent.

You can also tell that the production and editing staff had a true love for this man we know as Slydini. It is a fitting tribute to a man that many magicians consider the best that has ever lived.

You need these DVDs.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
These DVD's are actually named "As I recall..."

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Thank you captain pedantic. I stand corrected.

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Who teaches the paper balls over head? Thanks.

Jim

(PS: Dan, the package is on its way)
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
If it is taught on the DVD set it would be Cellini teaching it.
I don't recall seeing an explaination for that.
Tony Clark was a Slydini student, I believe, and though Tony is not on the
Slydini DVD, he does have a Paper Balls over the head video of his own this is quite good.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Why wasn't Tony Clark on the DVD set?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Is this the one with his Sponge ball routine? Is there confirmation of the explanation of paper balls over the head?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
No ex-planation of paper balls over the head...its kind of self explanatory...the sponge ball routine is there but not explained...after watching the info on mis-direction you will be able to figure out how both are done....

buy the *** thing... Smile
koz
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
No I know its self explanatory I was mainly looking for subtleties. So what are explained? Just curious because I might get this tonight.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
First of al I would like to beleive that this is more than a trick dvd set...i think its historic but I'm close to this so I shouldn't say

Slydini movement, coinc throught the table including his one coin routine,revolve vanish andimp pass, 3 torn and restored cigerette routines,interlude with a paper napkin,production of silks,knots, and paper balls in box

koz
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I agree thank you. You have made my decision a lot easier. I asked only because at Hocus-Pocus I just thought that this was a Documentary from the beginning.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Why wasn't Tony Clark on the DVD set?

Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Why would he be?...nothing against tony clark but why would he be....
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-12-20 22:12, tedb wrote:
Why would he be?...nothing against tony clark but why would he be....

He's a well known Slydini student ( maybe the most well known ), so that's why I asked.

Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Didn't occur to me I guess...sorry
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Don't be. I was just curious. The word is out that these are fantastic. Must haves. I can't wait to get mine.

I have all the celini DVD's and they are the finest. Koz, thanks for sharing the work of these masters with us!!

Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yea, they have been received well and I was proud to be involved, thanks for the kind words...

always lookin for "new" projects like right now we are lookin so if anyone has any ideas let me know

thanks
koz
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I have been so busy with Christmas, and preparing for Magi-fest that I have not had time to write a review on these AMAZING DVD's!
First, as a long time (faraway) student of Slydini's work I was THRILLED when Koz told me that he was doing this project...finally to see a master do what he does best..BRAVO! Second, if you have any hint of Slydiniesque in your magic, then after watching these DVD's you feel like you somehow know him. I truly respect all who have been able to spend time with him before he left us. I made it a point to watch it with my best friend in magic and life..Tim Moore. He had the amazing oppurtunity to be on the same bill as Tony a while back. After Tim's spot, him and Tony sat and "jammed" for a LONG TIME! As he was watching Tony perform the Paper Balls over the head, I could see a child in Tim's eyes...Slydini had that effect on people. If you are SERIOUS about your magic and giving your audience the VERY BEST they deserve then you MUST GET this DVD set. If you do not then you are not only cheating yourself, but ultimatley your audience as well.
Merry Christmas!!
Justin Miller
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
WOW I cant wait to get these...
I ordered just waiting now.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.