The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Patrik Page Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ste
View Profile
New user
Italy
70 Posts

Profile of Ste
Hello everyone!

I know that Pat Page done in the past a video about balloon gags, use of magic wand (break away wand) .... and a lot of situatuion to increse the funny in the magic show!
Can you tell me the title of this video and eventually where I can find it?

Thank you!

Ste
MikeM
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
110 Posts

Profile of MikeM
The video was called:-

Pat Page's Funny Business for Kids Shows.

Suggest you do a Web search for
"Trick-A-Tape" as it was released from this Company initially.

MikeM
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
From what I understand, the rights to the tape were purchased by L&L Publishing. Try llpub.com.
Ste
View Profile
New user
Italy
70 Posts

Profile of Ste
Thank you for your help!

Ste
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Sticking to the subject of Patrick Page videos, can anyone tell me what they think of Patrick's sponge ball video? I saw that it was forsale at one of my local shops. I however was slow to react and buy the darn thing. Its gone now and I think I might persue getting it again. But I would like to have other member's thoughts on the video if I could. Thanks!
Brian Proctor Smile
magic hands
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
176 Posts

Profile of magic hands
Just got Patrick Pages video.."sponge balls"
Was OK..If you do sponge balls you might not find anything earth shattering here.
As far as the video It is ok..saw a vanish I will start to use..I guess this alone was worth the price..
Hope this helps..
Don
P.S.
L&L Publishing has it..
Smile
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
The thing about sponge magic is that few will appreciate proper technique, unless they've tried a sponge routine and found that they needed to go back to the drawing board. I've only seen the proper technique for doing the "mash" move in "Routined Manipulation Finale" and nowhere else. Maybe, some of the tapes will show how to do it properly. Haven't had a need to get a tape. I've seen so many lectures that included sponge work, but none of it was really new.
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Is it a good video though? My local store actually has it but after seeing him on another tape I decided not to get it. I'm sure he is/was good but I'm assuming most of his funny bits wouldn't earn him a snicker these days.

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
Pat Pages style is not everyones cup of tea, but he is none the less a very good and knowledgable magician.

His sponge ball routine is good and you will use it with that added bit of spice called your own personality.

dont forget you can do most of his routine with paper napkins/tissues or pompoms etc. Smile
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
i have both the sponge and kids video. haven't watched them in a while.

the sponge video was okay, nothing special. he showed some standard vanishes, demonstrated a couple routines, one used the benson bowl.

and the same goes for the kids video. it was okay. it has some funny bits that you can use.

j.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Patrick Page often shows you that the tricks that you once wrote-off need a second look. The value of the tapes is in the details.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Quote:
On 2002-11-22 08:45, Brian Proctor wrote:
Sticking to the subject of Patrick Page videos, can anyone tell me what they think of Patrick's sponge ball video? I saw that it was forsale at one of my local shops. I however was slow to react and buy the darn thing. Its gone now and I think I might persue getting it again. But I would like to have other member's thoughts on the video if I could. Thanks!
Brian Proctor Smile

Page's videos are good but I agree with others that his style is not for everyone. The sponge video is still a great <introduction> into sponge-work. I recently picked up Brad Burt's videos on sponge balls and, for my money, it's the best I've seen!
Cheers!
William Holcomb