The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Is Psychokinetic Silverware worth buying? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
judd
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of judd
Can anyone tell me if Psychokinetic Silverware is worth buying? Thanks, Jake
AllThumbs
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
375 Posts

Profile of AllThumbs
In a word: yes.

Usual caveats apply such as you have to put the time into studying it to be convincing.

Anything Banachek puts out is worth it.

Regards,

Kris Sheglova
The above is all rubbish, except that which you chose to believe
sandman690
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of sandman690
Hi,

It is great. It contains not just techniques, but goes into the psychology behind the effects. The reasoning and sequencing are pure Banachek!

Stan Smile
DonMarco
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of DonMarco
I agree with my colleagues. Yes. (with allthumbs' caveat in mind).

Naturally you would not have placed this post if you had not heard of Uri Geller and the sensation he caused around the world with this effect.

A word to all you mentalists out there: This is Uri's effect. Nobody bent spoons before him. Isn't it funny that his adversaries are making splendid money off of an effect of their "enemy"?

We could get into some really deep stuff there, but that should be saved for the "taking ourselves way too seriously" section of the forum.

At any rate, Uri, with the metal bending, became a world wide superstar with this effect. And I gotta think the reason why is:
He BELIEVED he was really doing it!

So yes, careful study of the tape and misdirection are key, and Mr. Banachek has given you everything you need on this tape to cover both of those things...but...

Some really clever acting could take the whole thing (or just a minute fragment of it)
to another level.

just my thoughts.

Don Marco
"Imagination is the Only Reality"-- Marquis de Sade
AllThumbs
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
375 Posts

Profile of AllThumbs
DonMarco, David Berglas claims he did metal bending prior to Uri. There is no doubt that Uri Geller made the effect famous.

Regards,

Kris Sheglova
DonMarco
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of DonMarco
All thumbs,

I'm sure he did proclaim that.

I'm sure that also Geller procaimed to have moved watch hands from the listener's watches and metal bend without Uri's direct influence.

Long story short, I hope you don't rely on things magicians claim, otherwise you might end up with a chicken in your pants.

Don Marco

p.s. if you can offer any true proof of Berglas' claim, I stand corrected. However, I think you might have a difficult time doing such.
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
479 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
It will be interesting to see if there's any mention of this claim in the Berglas book, however, as Uri wrote part of the foreword for the book it's unlikely. For what it's worth, Randi, with whom Berglas had many discussions about Uri in the '70's, had never heard of this claim when I asked him.
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
Do not buy this tape. It is a waste of money and time.
That is, of course, unless you intend to spend the TIME and EFFORT to become a world class metal bender, complete with haircut and suit to match. Otherwise, it's a complete sham. Nothing to learn, nothing to earn. It should be BANNED!!! Smile
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
DonMarco
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of DonMarco
Quote:
On 2002-11-03 05:23, Marduke Kurios wrote:
Do not buy this tape. It is a waste of money and time.
That is, of course, unless you intend to spend the TIME and EFFORT to become a world class metal bender, complete with haircut and suit to match. Otherwise, it's a complete sham. Nothing to learn, nothing to earn. It should be BANNED!!!

Marduke,

I think we should stress how very important the haircuts and suits to match are here. These methods simply will not work unless those two things are taken care of. Luckily, Gerry McCabmbridge and Banachek give their hairspray of choice in the credits.
[/quote]
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
Slick and professional production that delivers what it promises. A must if you are into flatware bending.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
AllThumbs
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
375 Posts

Profile of AllThumbs
Don,

It seems my post was mis-understood. I was trying to state that Mr Berglas has made a 'claim'. It wasn't meant to be a statement of absolute truth.

Regards,

Kris Sheglova
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
To re-ask the original question. Is this video recommended?
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
Paradox
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Paradox
I recommend it highly, for what my opinion is worth.
DonMarco
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of DonMarco
I recommend it only if you can come up with the suits and haircuts. I can't tell you how important these are.
FrankStone
View Profile
New user
South Africa/Taiwan
74 Posts

Profile of FrankStone
I would highly recomend the tape. I have two other tapes beside the Banachek one, and out of the three I learned the most out of the Banachek one. Not only the methods but also how to present it. In the other videos they simply just show you how to bend the stuff but not how to properly present the effect to an audience. Anything from Banachek is pure gold!!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
It's great. It has psychology behind the techniques, misdirection, a full routine, it even has live performances at the end so you can see it in action.

The best part of the routine, in my mind, is the twist. When things get bent, it's possible that a spectator might suspect something but with the twist, there is really know way that it could happen except via PK. A spectator could even try to twist the fork/spoon and it would be impossible. If the utensil were marked by the spectator before it twists, I think it would knock their socks off.

For that one, there is no explaination possible, therefore it must be magic!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
NelsonMon
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of NelsonMon
It's really worth it. I've never tried anything like it before, but just after viewing the tape a few times (don't skip the live acts.) and rehearsing what to say, I tried a small part of the routine and it really blew everyone away. The tape really breaks down the actions perfectly. I didn't even practice the actual bending before the actual performance!

Smile
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
Many thanks for the reviews. I'll get the tape.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
AllThumbs
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
375 Posts

Profile of AllThumbs
Quote:
I didn't even practice the actual bending before the actual performance!

Please, do not make a habit of doing this!!!!

Regards,

Kris Sheglova
Doc Jakson
View Profile
New user
Chicago
10 Posts

Profile of Doc Jakson
I would recommend you buy this tape if you only if you want to do metal bending as a magic trick.I would suggest you let it rest until everyone out there stops doing it...ditto for the Balducci levitation.
Just a thought

Doc Jakson
Smile Smile
Follow the Money