The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: John Guastaferro OR Joshua Jay for card magic??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
love2laugh
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of love2laugh
I love card magic and I'm considering the purchase of either John Guastaferro's or Joshua Jay's DVDs. Which has better card routines?

Which DVD set is a better purchase for intermediate to advanced card magicians???

Brainstorm "The Creative Card Magic of John Guastaferro"
OR
Joshua Jay's new L&L DVDs???

Thank you,
L2L
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Me personally haven't watched the Joshua's stuff, but I own the John's DVD.
Brainstorm series are really great. In fact, most of the routines on that DVD I use it when I perform in front of my friends. I rather say that Brainstorm is for beginner - mostly intermediate. The sleights in those DVD are relatively easy with one or two difficult move but John explains the routine very well so it's easy to understand. These are one of my fave DVD set ever.
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
I agree, Guastaferro material is amazing, strong card magic performed by a master magician, my favorite Set!
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
I recommend the Brainstorm DVDS. I don't have the Joshua Jay DVDS, but I have seen a lot of his material. I can tell you its good. I would first go with the Guastaferro dvds. Excellent material.
If your looking for Advanced material look somewhere else like Darwin Ortiz, Martin Nash, Ed Marlo, etc. Both of these sets are in the intermediate range.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
John's style is engaging and the routines are solid. Recommended...good stuff!

Sean