The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Ammar or Stone??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
269 Posts

Profile of danny
Can someone who has viewed both of the coin videos by the above magicians please tell me which one is best.
Thanks
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Click to visit:
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
Danny, I found Dan's comparisons very informative and suggest that you check it out, if you haven't already. I opted to purchase the Ammar DVD first based on Dan's information and my needs.
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
190 Posts

Profile of atrudo
The Ammar DVD is great. I would recommend it to anyone who is starting out with coin magic. I still prefer the David Roth vids though.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
David Stone!!!!
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
I believe it's apples to oranges. But I have to say if I was going to choose, I'd say David Stone, everyday and twice on Sunday. Stone's coin work is on a completely different level. The first time I saw Smile Land it made my head hurt. This is coin magic at it's very best. These are killer routines. Ammar's are good, but the material is not as strong as Stones. Although for some situations, Ammar's would be better, I would recommend Stone's. Unless your are starting out, then go with Ammar.
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Love Ammar's techinique, but I really love stone's performance Smile