The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: A question on preference, david williamson/john bannon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
qwism
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of qwism
I know it's a pretty hard choice.....but which one would you recommend getting first? the magic farm dvd or john bannons new book out? to comment, I have both of their books and videos that were released a while ago....but I'm really torn on this choice. any help would be appreciated...preference wise. what would you go for and why?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Although both a great thinkers and I love many of the routines and ideas they've each come up with, I'd still say that Bannon will probably be your best bet.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Go for Dear Mr Fantasy by John Bannon, you should be able to get Magic Farm anytime, this is a rare book of collections coming out, don't miss your chance and get the book
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
anticoin
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of anticoin
You should get both, they are seriously brilliant.
But if you had to choose between one, I'd say go for Bannon
newtonjj
View Profile
New user
Dallas, TX
12 Posts

Profile of newtonjj
It kind of depends on what you're looking for in the purchase. If you want cool, dare I say commercial, magic you can do at your next restaurant gig, I would recommend the DVD. If you want serious card magic that can't be done for everyone (most need a table, many require dealing/counting of cards, laying cards out in rows, pre-arranged setups, etc.), but that can be INCREDIBLE for the right people, I would recommend Bannon's book.

I would guess that ten years from now you'll be glad you bought the book first. However, I would keep saving and buy the DVD too. Williamson is the man.

Hint: If you order it from Bannon's website, ask him to sign it when you buy it. I forgot to do that, and emailed him about signing it and it was too late, the book had already shipped...
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2005-06-16 08:50, Greg Arce wrote:
Although both a great thinkers and I love many of the routines and ideas they've each come up with, I'd still say that Bannon will probably be your best bet.

Greg

I agree wholehearted to what Greg say.
For further details about Dear Mr Fantasy see:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......0&84
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.